Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Changes to form are not saved and give error

JohnKlassen

Changes to form are not saved and give error

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

I am new to NuBuilder. I am testing it with a very simple application. I have done the following:

I created a database called test_app using phpMyAdmin.
I successfully loaded all of the nuBuilder tables into that database by copying sample.sql into SQL in phpMyAdmin and commenting out the first 4 lines.
I added another table called ‘test_table’.
I added 2 fields to the table: ‘first_name’ and ‘last_name’.
I inserted 2 rows: ‘john doe’ and ‘jane doe’.
I started nubuilder
I clicked on setup and then forms
I double clicked on ‘test_table’
I changed the order of the 2 fields to last_name, first_name and clicked on save
I clicked on Wizard.
I clicked on the 'test_table (wizard)' button
The list of rows showed first_name, last_name
When I clicked on the first row and got the detail screen, it showed last_name, first_name
When I clicked on home, I got an error code of 301a031.

I have reloaded the nuBuilder tables and a test table multiple times but each time I get an error when I try try to modify the form and save it.

What am I doing wrong?

I tried to upload the error file as both a '.txt' file and as a '.log' file and neither one was accepted. What format is needed for an error log to be uploaded?

John
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Changes to form are not saved and give error

Unread post by admin »

John,

Have a look at this first.. http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... ome#p10992

If that doesn't help search the forum for 'home'.

If that brings you no joy, let us know.

Steven
JohnKlassen

Hi,

I checked all of the posts that have the word 'home' in them but that did not help.

By the way, I am using NuBuilder version 2.7.4.11-12.10.24-Build 529 on Windows 7. MySQL, phpMyAdmin and NuBuilder are all running locally on this PC. All of those products came from the same zip file. I have created the NuBuilder database multiple times without a problem.

I get different error messages related to saving the form. This time, all I did was go into the form and remove the word '(Wizard') from the button. When I clicked on 'Save', I immediately got an error of 0db9a57. I have attached the error log.

I just tried again with the same form. This time I was able to remove the word (Wizard) from the form name but when I clicked on Save, Home, and Wizard, the button still show 'test_table (wizard)'.

I tried once more and this time, I changed the title in the form. When I clicked 'save', I immediately got a different error. I tried to save the changed title again and this time I did not get an error and the title was changed.

Since it is critical that I be able to modify (customize) a form, I need to resolve this before I start building the application.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
JohnKlassen - Error when saving form-2.zip
Error when saving form
(8.43 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

John,

Can you run this in phpmyadmin?

Code: Select all

SHOW COLUMNS FROM zzsys_form LIKE 'sys_%'
Steven
JohnKlassen

Steven,

I deleted that particular database but the results of the show columns command is against a similiar database with the same issues of saving a form.

I have loaded the NuBuilder tables multiple times and have always had problems saving a form

Let me know if you want me to re-install NuBuilder from scratch.

Thanks
Attachments
Results of running SHOW COLUMNS FROM zzsys.zip
Results of running Show Columns
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

John,

some question:
JohnKlassen wrote:...
I added another table called ‘test_table’.
I added 2 fields to the table: ‘first_name’ and ‘last_name’.
I inserted 2 rows: ‘john doe’ and ‘jane doe’.
I started nubuilder
1 - Have you created the id field of the test table (test_id, first_name, last_name)?
JohnKlassen wrote: I was able to remove the word (Wizard) from the form name but when I clicked on Save, Home, and Wizard, the button still show 'test_table (wizard)'
2 - To change the text on button you have to modify the object button, not the form.

3 - Have you modify some parameters in php.ini? NuBuilder require a lot of resources and some parameters must be set properly:

Code: Select all

post_max_size = 8M
short_open_tag = On
max_input_vars = 5000
max_execution_time = 600
variables_order = "EGPCS"
memory_limit = 128M
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
display_errors = Off
Hope this helps.
Max
JohnKlassen

Max,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did add the id field the next time I did a test. I also reviewed the video tutorial on creating forms and realized I was confusing the form and the object. I followed the instructions in the video and was almost complete when I had another error.

I could not find the php.ini file. I found some references in the forum to it being under 'program files' but that was an old posting. I did see a reference to php.ini-development and php.ini-production.

At this point I am totally confused. I am ready to uninstall and reinstall everything but even there, I am not sure how to uninstall everything. There are postings that refer to an uninstaller but I don't know where it is. I am used to doing a regular Windows install and uninstall. I hate to uninstall and reinstall since all of the pieces seem to be working except that I get errors when I do basic things with the forms. In addition, the NuBuilder logo no longer shows at the top of the form when I am editing it.

Since I can only work on this during the weekend and evenings, I need to get this working.

I am open for any suggestions.

Thanks.
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

JohnKlassen,

before to uninstall, I suggest:
1 - follow the video tutorial about create a form;
2 - insert a new id field in your test table: is the error go away?
3 - In Setup > object: search the button object with text "(Wizard)" and change it to what you want: is the error go away?
4 - Are you able to open, edit, save, delete records in your test table?

If you get no errors, there is no reason to uninstall.

Max
JohnKlassen

Max,

Thanks for encouraging me to figure out what the problem was rather than to uninstall and reinstall the software.

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. After reading your posts and taking a really good look at the tutorial on creating forms, I realized 2 things: I was trying to edit the form instead of the objects in the form and secondly, I was changing the name of the 'Display' field instead of the 'Title'. I noticed that when I got an error, the SQL statement in the error log had thewrong field name. It was using the name I had changed in the 'Display' as the field name.

Now that I am doing things correctly, I am not getting any errors. In my successful test, I did not not use and ID field but I will in my application.

I have just one more question. When I go to wizard and click on the button of a form that has an error, I immediately get the SQL error. It does not give me the option of correcting the field name. How do I get rid of that button for the form with the error so I can create another form without an error.

Thanks to you and Steven for your help.