Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Large table, suggestion to approach it

clinterman

Large table, suggestion to approach it

Unread post by clinterman »

I have a large table with over 1 mln rows. Now I would like the user to browse it from different angles (store, brand, product_group). Having looked at nuBuilder for a while I wonder how I can approach it best.

The 3 fields that are candidates will narrow the number of records to say round 2 thousand. But the browse screen will first fetch all records (1 mln) before I can filter. The search field of the browse screen will not address a combination of 3 different search criteria.

Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Large table, suggestion to approach it

Unread post by admin »

clinterman,

What do you mean by
The search field of the browse screen will not address a combination of 3 different search criteria.
?

Steven
clinterman

i have 1 search field, if i put in 3 different words i can not say that the first word should filter yhe first column and the second word the second column
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

clinterman,

You said you wanted to search three fields. (store, brand, product_group)

Why does it matter if you search over all three?

Steven
clinterman

steven by selecting the store my 1 million rows get reduced to a few thousand. the i would like to see all items of 1 brand or all items of 1 productgroup. I would prefer a selection of store first and then optional selection of brand and/or productgroup
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

clinterman,

Sorry, nuBuilder does'nt work like that.

If you type the store's name in, how often would it find that word in brand or product group?

If you want to know how many items a store has you might be better off with a report.

Steven
DennisMe

Unread post by DennisMe »

clinterman,

check this answer to my question (which overlaps somewhat) http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... 139#p11354 out, it may be a suitable workaround for your situation.

Dennis