Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Updating 4 to 4.5.8.1

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
sandeepgumudelli

Updating 4 to 4.5.8.1

Unread post by sandeepgumudelli »

Hi,

I am following this https://wiki.nubuilder.cloud/index.php?title=Updating to update application.

Before moving to step 6 Run update i have tried to hit my application url but instead of login screen i am getting below error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in E:\xampp\htdocs\APP\core\nudatabase.php on line 252

Please do let me know if any changes need to be made.

Regards,
Sandeep
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Updating 4 to 4.5.8.1

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

What is your PHP version?

The line you are referring to is

Code: Select all

[$fetchStyle, $returnType] = $fetchStyles[$style];
The "Destructuring Assignment" was introduced in PHP version 7.1.0.
Without using destructuring assignment, you would assign the values to variables in a more traditional way. Here's how you could do it:

Code: Select all

$fetchStyle = $fetchStyles[$style][0];
$returnType = $fetchStyles[$style][1];
sandeepgumudelli

Unread post by sandeepgumudelli »

Thank you for the response Kevin. I am using PHP 7.0.30. Now i have made above suggested change then i getting blank screen.

-------
Why i am trying to upgrade forte?

Initially i have created app using nubuilder 4.0 and XAMPP -> PHP 7.0.30.

Now on the server we have identified vulnerabilities with PHP version and i need to update PHP to 7.1.

So, I have tried 2 ways with XAMP PHP -> 7.2.6 and XAMP PHP -> 7.4.33 but nubuilder forte 4.0 application is failing with these versions.

------

So now i am trying to upgrade forte 4.0 to 4.5 on XAMPP -> PHP 7.0.30 which is failing as well.
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

When you encounter a blank screen, it usually indicates a PHP error. To troubleshoot this, you can check the PHP error logs for more information.
Bu1140G
nuBuilder Version: 3.0

Re: Update path from 3 or earlier

Unread post by Bu1140G »

Hello - I used nuBuilder long ago, prior to the release of nuBuilder Pro adn I'm looking to revive the apps from that time for a new purpose. Everything was saved in MySQL, except for the nuBuilder directory under htdocs/Apache. Would you please help me locate the update instructions/tools used to move up to the current version? It looks like I might have to perform the update in multiple stages. Thank you.

*Update - After looking through the forumn a little further, I can see that upgrade paths existed along the way, with change.php files and/or schema change instructions. It is suggested to start as far back as might be necessary. Where can I locate the change files?
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

HI,

I'm afraid that there's no update path from nuBuilder 2/3 to the current version.