Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Install

yvonne

Install

Unread post by yvonne »

what can I do when I open the page PhpMyAdmin it comes out the message "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration"
steven

Re: Install

Unread post by steven »

yvonne,

If you are using XP you'll need to reboot the computer before it will work properly.

Try this and let us know it you still have problems ...
If you like nuBuilder, how about leaving a nice review on SourceForge?
yvonne

Unread post by yvonne »

steven wrote:yvonne,

If you are using XP you'll need to reboot the computer before it will work properly.

Try this and let us know it you still have problems ...
Hi,
I Installed it serval times, each time I install I reboot the computer, but it still not work......
michael

Unread post by michael »

Steven asked me to follow up on this with you.

Could you please provide us with the following information.
  • The operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 2000, XP, Vista)
  • The contents of the PATH environment variable
Also, did you have another PHP installation before you installed nuBuilder? This can causes problems with the PHP extensions.

To get the contents of the PATH environment variable, open the command prompt by going to:

Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

In the command prompt, type:

echo %PATH%

This will display the contents of the PATH environement variable inside the command prompt. You can select and copy that text by right clicking inside the command prompt window and clicking Mark. Once you have selected the text, press the Enter key to copy it to the clipboard.
dgoadby

Unread post by dgoadby »

Did you install the complete package or just the application? If the LAMP stack is WAMP then I am surprised it does not work as I use WAMP regularly with few problems. The stock answer to this problem is the php.ini file needs an entry: extension=php_mysql.dll. but, I cannot believe it is not already there.

If you run the Localhost default webpage you will see the loaded PHP extensions and mysql and mysqli should be there.

As I already use WAMP I just loaded NuBuilder into a web folder. I don't have a spare system at the moment else I would install the whole system to see what the problem is. It does seem like a path problem as others have said.

If you are pulling your hair out on this one then try uninstalling the whole application. The download WAMP5 and install it separately first. Assuming that works ok, and it usually does, then install the bare PHP application afterwards and you should be ok.

I am using XP-PRO here and you should not need to re-boot after installing WAMP. If you want WAMP to run after boot-up then remember to install the services before shut-down.
Regards

David Goadby (North Wales, UK)
yvonne

Unread post by yvonne »

michael wrote:Steven asked me to follow up on this with you.

Could you please provide us with the following information.
  • The operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 2000, XP, Vista)
  • The contents of the PATH environment variable
Also, did you have another PHP installation before you installed nuBuilder? This can causes problems with the PHP extensions.

To get the contents of the PATH environment variable, open the command prompt by going to:

Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

In the command prompt, type:

echo %PATH%

This will display the contents of the PATH environement variable inside the command prompt. You can select and copy that text by right clicking inside the command prompt window and clicking Mark. Once you have selected the text, press the Enter key to copy it to the clipboard.
HI,
The system i use is windowsXP
the content of the path is Microsoft Windows XP [版本 5.1.2600]
(C) 版权所有 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\吴友琴>echo %PATH%
d:\Program Files\nuBuilder\PHP;d:\Program Files\nuBuilder\PHP;d:\Program Files\n
uBuilder\PHP;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Pr
ogram Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Thunder Netw
ork\KanKan\Codecs;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Progra
m Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;D:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;d:\P
rogram Files\StormII\Codec;d:\Program Files\StormII

I have never installed php or MySql ever before, what do you think the problem is.I have it installed in the company's computer but it can not installed correctly in my own laptop, I don't know why this happens.
michael

Unread post by michael »

Thank you for providing that information, however there is nothing obvious which would cause the problem you are experiencing. Could you please open your php.ini and confirm that the following lines exist (they will be in different sections of the file) and that they are not commented out with a ;

Code: Select all

extension_dir = "D:/Program Files/nuBuilder/PHP/ext/"
extension=php_mysql.dll
You can find the php.ini file in D:\Program Files\nuBuilder\PHP\. Your Apache error log may also contain error messages from PHP regarding the MySQL extension. You can find the error log in D:\Program Files\nuBuilder\Apache\logs\.
ehatherley

Unread post by ehatherley »

Actually, it would appear there IS a problem with the path. It should not display %SystemRoot% when one types ECHO %PATH% at a Windows command prompt. This is a symptom of a registry 'error' probably caused by a logic error in the installer. It means that any program that depends on automatic PATH expansion (e.g. XCOPY) will now fail unless the current working directory happens to be the Windows folder.

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment\Path should be of type REG_EXPAND_SZ but after installing nuBuilder (nubuilder-09.09.23.exe OR nubuilder-10.09.03.exe) the type becomes REG_SZ and Windows will no longer expand %SystemRoot% to C:\Windows (or whatever it is on your system).

Since the only apparent change to the PATH when installing the nuBuilder EXE is an entry for PHP, my guess would be that is when the registry key type changes.

Thanks to Mike Kolitz for pointing out the importance of the REG_EXPAND_SZ type and providing the repair steps over at PCReviewForums %SystemRoot% can't be resolved

Another point of interest is that the PHP entry is in the PATH three times in yvonne's listing. Does this mean that when nuBuilder is uninstalled the installer program is not finding and removing the PHP portion of the PATH? Messy.

For myself, I've noticed that if one chooses to not install Apache, MySQL, and PHP as part of the nuBuilder install then the uninstall will hang and the uninstall process will use up most of the processor time.

Cheers,
Eric
grant

Unread post by grant »

Hi Eric,
Thanks for providing the detailed info regarding the PATH entry in the registry. We also found similar symptoms when performing an uninstall. We have found the cause and it will be incorporated into our next release. We are also looking at making the uninstall more robust.
grant

Unread post by grant »

Hi Eric,

The uninstaller has always attempted to remove the PHP entry from the PATH (added by the installer) however now we have made it more robust. This change will also appear in the next release. Hopefully this will address the issue you pointed out.

Regarding the uninstall hanging, we have been made aware of this however we have been unable to reliably simulate the issue (even when Apache, MySQL, and PHP were not installed). If you are able to report any reliable/repeatable method to cause such an issue it would greatly help our investigation. Thanks.