Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Install nuBuilder Forte on Ubuntu

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
gnc

Install nuBuilder Forte on Ubuntu

Unread post by gnc »

Hi,

I am trying to install nuBuilder Forte in Ubuntu. I am following the instructions which are located in this url: https://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic. ... ntu#p18405, but when I am going to open localhost in the browser, I always find a white page. What could be the problem?
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Install nuBuilder Forte on Ubuntu

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

It there an error in the server logs ?
gnc

Unread post by gnc »

kev1n wrote:Hi,

It there an error in the server logs ?
In Firefow there is only a white webpage, but in other browsers, like chrome, I have an error HTTP 500.
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

Normally there should be more details in the log files
gnc

Unread post by gnc »

kev1n wrote:Normally there should be more details in the log files
Where is located the log file of nuBuilder?

I haven´t any idea about this.
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

I'm talking about the server log files.
Application Logs
Many applications also create logs in /var/log. If you list the contents of your /var/log subdirectory, you will see familiar names, such as /var/log/apache2 representing the logs for the Apache 2 web server, or /var/log/samba, which contains the logs for the Samba server. This section of the guide introduces some specific examples of application logs, and information contained within them.

Apache HTTP Server Logs
The default installation for Apache2 on Ubuntu creates a log subdirectory: /var/log/apache2. Within this subdirectory are two log files with two distinct purposes:

/var/log/apache2/access.log - records of every page served and every file loaded by the web server.

/var/log/apache2/error.log - records of all error conditions reported by the HTTP server

By default, every time Apache accesses a file or page, the access logs record the IP address, time and date, browser identification string, HTTP result code and the text of the actual query, which will generally be a GET for a page view. Look at the Apache documentation for a complete rundown; quite a lot can be gleaned from this file, and indeed many statistical packages exist that perform analyses of these logs.

Also, every time any error occurs, Apache adds a line to the error log. If you run PHP with error and warning messages disabled, this can be your only way to identify bugs.
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

Were you able to find the logfiles? Without error details we can only guess what's going wrong.
gnc

Unread post by gnc »

kev1n wrote:I'm talking about the server log files.
Application Logs
Many applications also create logs in /var/log. If you list the contents of your /var/log subdirectory, you will see familiar names, such as /var/log/apache2 representing the logs for the Apache 2 web server, or /var/log/samba, which contains the logs for the Samba server. This section of the guide introduces some specific examples of application logs, and information contained within them.

Apache HTTP Server Logs
The default installation for Apache2 on Ubuntu creates a log subdirectory: /var/log/apache2. Within this subdirectory are two log files with two distinct purposes:

/var/log/apache2/access.log - records of every page served and every file loaded by the web server.

/var/log/apache2/error.log - records of all error conditions reported by the HTTP server

By default, every time Apache accesses a file or page, the access logs record the IP address, time and date, browser identification string, HTTP result code and the text of the actual query, which will generally be a GET for a page view. Look at the Apache documentation for a complete rundown; quite a lot can be gleaned from this file, and indeed many statistical packages exist that perform analyses of these logs.

Also, every time any error occurs, Apache adds a line to the error log. If you run PHP with error and warning messages disabled, this can be your only way to identify bugs.
I saw that it was a problem about the database, thanks for the support!!
kev1n
nuBuilder Team

Unread post by kev1n »

You're welcome!