Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installing Nubuilder on Hostgtor

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
hiramalik

Installing Nubuilder on Hostgtor

Unread post by hiramalik »

Hi,
While uploading nuBuilder on Hostgator I am habing many issues. When I tried to install it using the following tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKHFxlkEHik
Unfortunately, even after following all the steps nothing is showing. I think this issue might be due to database name issue. Sincle I can not create the database with the name nubuilder4. There is a prefix involved. Kindly guide me which file names or configration files do I need to update in order to get it to work.
I'll really appriciate any kind of help.
Kind Regards
Hira Iftikhar
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Installing Nubuilder on Hostgtor

Unread post by kev1n »

Hi,

You can choose any database name. Just modify the configuration file (nuconfig.php) accordingly.
Also check the server error log files. Then you might figure out the reason for the error.
hiramalik

Unread post by hiramalik »

Thanks for the reply Kev1n. Can you please tell me where can I find the error log files?
kev1n
nuBuilder Team
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by kev1n »

The location for the log file varies.
Check out https://stackoverflow.com/questions/512 ... cgi-cpanel or maybe ask your hoster.
treed

Unread post by treed »

I tried to install on HostGator and while the install was successful, the version of MySQL was not new enough to support the JSON used in nuBuilder. I ended up building my own LAMP server and am quite happy with the results. Although I still need to implement SSL.