Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

"Could not connect to database" After Installation!

cypherinfo

"Could not connect to database" After Installation!

Unread post by cypherinfo »

Hello, after some issues in my first installation I tried this second.

This time I followed all of the instructions in your wiki: settings of php.ini and so on.
Reached the setup.php page and after some little issues about the sample user fixed with phpmyadmin I got the message of the right installation.
I try to login the twos data bases and I got the "Could not connect to database" message even if with phpmyadmin seems all right about the data bases and users.

Thank you.

Cypherinfo.

P. S.: Before that message, in the login page the login did not work. I did not get error messages when the login did not work. I tried disabling the password with phpmyadmin for the two users (sample, sampledebtors), then I got that "Could not connect to database" message.
cypherinfo

Re: "Could not connect to database" After Installation!

Hello,

I tried to set up the twos data bases from the scratch without using setup.php.
In your wiki>installation: "...Import the sample site database into MySQL. This will create a database and user
named `sample'. ..." the related .sql script does not contain anything for creating that user in mysql. I have verified that with phpmyadmin.

Same thing for: "...Import the sample debtors site database into MySQL. This will create a database
and user named `sampledebtors'. ..."

Then I have created the twos users with php myadmin. When tring to login with them no login is possible but phpmyadmin!
The only way to login is with the globeadmin, I set up the first time with setup.php. In the related config.php files the login details (user, password) are ok.

How to login with sample and sampledebtors users?

Bye.

Cypherinfo.
michael

Unread post by michael »

When you first log into nuBuilder, you have to use the globeadmin user. Once you've logged in, you can create more users by adding Access Levels, User Groups, and Users. The sample and sampledebtors users you created with phpMyAdmin are purely to allow nuBuilder's PHP code to access the data stored inside the MySQL database. Those users are for securing your MySQL installation only.

Let us know if you have any trouble making some nuBuilder users.
cypherinfo

michael wrote:When you first log into nuBuilder, you have to use the globeadmin user. Once you've logged in, you can create more users by adding Access Levels, User Groups, and Users. The sample and sampledebtors users you created with phpMyAdmin are purely to allow nuBuilder's PHP code to access the data stored inside the MySQL database. Those users are for securing your MySQL installation only.

michael wrote:When you first log into nuBuilder, you have to use the globeadmin user. Once you've logged in, you can create more users by adding Access Levels, User Groups, and Users. The sample and sampledebtors users you created with phpMyAdmin are purely to allow nuBuilder's PHP code to access the data stored inside the MySQL database. Those users are for securing your MySQL installation only.

Hello, the confusion come from the two installation procedures in your: ...\nubuilder\install file and here: http://wiki.nubuilder.com/tiki-index.ph ... uilderDocs the first - file - seems to be more precise about the step: "CREATING DATABASES". The second - wiki - is not right when states that: "... Import the sample debtors site database into MySQL. This will create a database and user named `sampledebtors'.".

Really the procedure has to be unique without any ambiguity, that is: importing the scripts via phpmyadmin or else product then access via globeadmin after having set its password; creating the two users: 'sample' and 'sampledebtors'.

The real procedure is that so I wonder what is the use pf the setup.php? More it fails when the creating the two users above!

Thank you.

Cyphernfo.
michael

Unread post by michael »

The wiki document you were reading actually applies to a much older version of nuBuilder, as stated at the top of the page it is for version 09.06.26. I'll update the wiki to have the new versions INSTALL file contents. The SQL files used for importing the databases have changed since then and no longer have the statements to create the users and databases. This was done so that nuBuilder could be more easily installed on shared hosting systems such as JustHost and WebCity.

setup.php won't create the MySQL users and databases for you, as that requires access to a MySQL user with SUPER privileges which is not possible when using shared hosting. So the purpose of setup.php is to use it after creating the MySQL users and databases, as setup.php will create all the required config.php files in the site directories as well as the main config.php which lives in /productionnu2.