Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

What Kind Of Object For A Set Of Value To Choose From?

cypherinfo

What Kind Of Object For A Set Of Value To Choose From?

Unread post by cypherinfo »

Hello, I have to realize a form to input data in a table (A). With that form users have to insert a field value selected from a set obtained from: SELECT DISTINCT 'field' FROM A.
It may happens that a user may want to enter a value not in that set (SELECT DISTINCT 'field'
FROM A).
What kind of nuBuilder object is able to do that please?
I tried to use a inarray object with that SELECT with no result.
May you help me to do that please?

Thank you.

Cypherinfo.
steven

Re: What Kind Of Object For A Set Of Value To Choose From?

Unread post by steven »

cypherinfo,
An inarray object doesn't achieve what you want because the purpose of it is to restrict data entry, which you dont want to do (and it doen't do any type of autocomplete).

In the case of a dropdown or a lookup these are generally used to store foreign keys, that can later be used by inner joins in a query for reports or browse screens.

If you require the ability to enter something that doesn't already exist in the select query result, but once you enter it, it will become part of the select query result next time, you can use a lookup and then "Add" a record from its browse screen.

These are the only options built into nuBuilder. But with a bit of javascript, you can do anything you want.

The reason for this is explained in our blog. http://nubuilder.blogspot.com/2009/07/n ... icity.html

Steven
If you like nuBuilder, how about leaving a nice review on SourceForge?