Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Instalation in xampp lite

priest_004

Instalation in xampp lite

Unread post by priest_004 »

Ok folks, to let you know first off I am a complete NOOB! but i really would like to try my hand with nuBuilder, that said here is the problem:

I have XAMPP Lite 1.7.3.
I have created a new database in phpmyadmin called: nubuilder
I have tried to import all the files etc. from the windows .zip file....but no joy.
I have tried to install the extracted files into "htdocs" folder of xampp....this will bring up the login screen for all 3 test db's
but i can't get any further than that.

the error i keep getting is:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'http' (11004) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\nubuilder\productionnu2\dbfunctions.php on line 27
Could not connect to database

I have tried to follow other post on the forum but with no joy. I have tried to edit the config.php file for all the db's to change the password and user etc.. still no joy.

Please if you can help.. what am i doing wrong?

Current build is:
RAM: 2gb
CPU: C2D T3100
jlcsusara

Re: Instalation in xampp lite

Unread post by jlcsusara »

priest_004 wrote: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'http' (11004) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\nubuilder\productionnu2\dbfunctions.php on line 27
Could not connect to database
Hi.

I encountered those problems before when i didn't create the default user in mysql.

check this out: http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2220

i hope it helps.
michael

Unread post by michael »

Could you post the contents of the config.php file of one of the sites that does not work? There may be an issue with the value of the $DBHost variable. Seeing as your running XAMPP, the MySQL server should be listening for connections on localhost, so "localhost" should be the value of your $DBHost variable in each site's config.php.
priest_004

ok I have managed to get the DB's imported into XAMPP but now i am having trouble loging in.

I no longer get the error message but it will not go passed the login screen. It tries to do something......but then displays the same page.

Code: Select all

<?php

$DBHost                 = "127.0.0.1";
$DBName                 = "sample";
$DBUser                 = "sample";
$DBPassword             = "samplepass";
$DBGlobeadminPassword   = "sampleglobeadmin";

?>
Above is the config.php for sample DB. I tried changing the $DBHost to "localhost" but no different.

I have also logged into phpmyadmin to confirm that the DB's are set up which they are but still no joy.
Here is the full path to the where the DB's are setup :

C/xampplite/mysql/data(then there are the 3 DB's sample-nuvideo-sampledebtors)

if i type the address as "localhost" xampp comes up. if i type "localhost/nubuilder" i get the list of DB's.
i can select either of them but can not now get passed the login screen.

EDIT::
also if i type the address as 127.0.0.1 i get an error that FF can't connect to server at 127.0.0.1.

any ideas?? :?:
priest_004

OK I think I got it.

here are the steps I took to get it to work in XAMPP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a fresh instal of XAMPPLITE

Copied the extracted folder "nubuilder" to the folder htdocs in xampp (c:/xampplite/htdocs)

opened the config.php files for sample-nuvideo-sampledebtors and changed the $DBhost to "localhost" (please note i did this for all 3 DB's) path to those was:
C:/xampplite/htdocs/nubuilder/db/sample,nuvideo,sampledebtors/config.php

then refreshed the MySQL and APACHE services

opened up web browser typed address as "localhost/xampp". this brings up XAMPP.

logged into phpmyadmin

imported the nuvideo.sql-sample.sql,sampledebtors.sql (this created the DB's) path for those was:
C:/xampplite/htdocs/nubuilder/nuvideo.sql-sample.sql-sampledebtors.sql

then refreshed the MySQL and APACHE services again.

Next I pointed the web-browser to the address "localhost/nubuilder" (this brings up the list of 3 DB's)

select one (i chose sampledebtors)

USERNAME globeadmin
PASSWORD sampleglobeadmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and hey presto it worked.

I guess it must have been a corrupt file somewhere. all seems ok (for now) time to play :)

Thanks for your help folks
michael

Unread post by michael »

It's good to hear you were able to get it working. Let us know if you come across any other issues.
alvin

Unread post by alvin »

I am having the same problem here... I got passed most all of it with this post and others... But now in my popup window after the login...log in using:
USERNAME globeadmin
PASSWORD sampleglobeadmin

I get this error:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: c in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined index: d in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined index: debug in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined index: nuRunQuery in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\db\sample\database.php on line 13
So what do you think I should try?

Alvin
alvin

Unread post by alvin »

I get some errors that I just can not figure out,
When I login to sample using globeadmin I get:

Notice: Undefined index: c in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined index: d in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined index: debug in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\productionnu2\nubuilder.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined index: nuRunQuery in C:\xampp\htdocs\nu-erp\db\sample\database.php on line 13

When I login as sample I get more errors but the popup only blinks, I can see the errors but no time to read them...

What can I check to get past this?

AM
shane

Unread post by shane »

It looks like you might be missing some files, try copying all files again and check your config.php file.

This PDF might help you also

http://www.nubuilder.com/nuBuilder_Install.pdf
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »