Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

external authentication

pere

external authentication

Unread post by pere »

I am impressed by nuBuilder, that is for sure.

But as a system manager i try to use single sign on and minimize the amount of password databases.
It would be good to make the users to authenticate against an external Active Directory Server or anything using ldap/kerberos/imap or whatever.

If someone is working on it I would like to help out, otherwise I need to write the code myself.
Any pointers would be helpful to prevent me from reinventing the wheel.
steven

Re: external authentication

Unread post by steven »

pere,

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying nuBuilder.

We had only recently discussed adding authentication for Active Directory Server, but it wasn't going to be for a while.
So if you would like to write it yourself that would be great.
It would make a really good 'plug-in'.

Let us know if you have any specific questions we can help you with.

Steve
If you like nuBuilder, how about leaving a nice review on SourceForge?
pere

Unread post by pere »

After a quick browse of the code it seems like some hack in formlogin.php with the use of http://adldap.sourceforge.net/ would suffice.
However are there other ways to do it?

The next question is if one would want to use the permissions from the mysql database or from the ldap tree, initially I think it would suffice with the alreday existing user framework.
In the long run it would perhaps be possible to make nuBuilder do lookups and edit ldapdatabase in the same way as sql databases if there is a need for that.

Well initially I will be happy with just the verification of the username and password at the login window.
I have not used adldap before but I assume it will work with any other free ldap servers too.

If no other ways exists, I will start hacking formlogin.php
steven

Unread post by steven »

pere,

Do whatever way you think is best, in any case, it will mean making changes to formlogin.php.

Steve
If you like nuBuilder, how about leaving a nice review on SourceForge?
Lala22

Unread post by Lala22 »

you can reference the values that you have put in the fields of that form (your input parameters) via hash variables..
Usman