Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Blank screen after logon

OldDuffer

Blank screen after logon

Unread post by OldDuffer »

I can get as far as the logon screen but when I click on login I get a blank screen.

Viewing the source of the blank page shows this:

Code: Select all

<html>
<script type='text/javascript' language='javascript'>
function closeAndOpenForm(){
	   openForm("index", "-1");
}
function customDirectory(){
   return 'db/sample';
}

function session_id(){
   return '14cf7d71ead2a9';
}

function goBack(){
}

</script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='common.js' language='javascript'></script>
<body onload='goBack();'>
</body></html>
NuBuilder is located in directory 'root/nb'.
ttfn Bob. MySQL V4.1.11 PHP V5.2.6 Linux V2.6.26 plus.net
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Blank screen after logon

Unread post by admin »

OldDuffer,

You probably have popups blocked.

unblock them and you should be fine

Steven
OldDuffer

Steve

Using IE8 & FF - no blockers active.
Your test site works OK, my test site does not.

Selection (first) page is ' http://ccgi.g4ddm.force9.co.uk/nb/ '
On the login page, ' http://ccgi.g4ddm.force9.co.uk/~g4ddm/nb/db/sample/ ' username & password are accepted OK.
The next screen, ' http://ccgi.g4ddm.force9.co.uk/~g4ddm/n ... =db/sample ' shown is blank' .

Has the ~g4ddm/ anything to do with it as I have never seen this before, is it possibly an incorrect setting introduced by me!
shane

Unread post by shane »

Hi,

Is it possible to try this without the tilde; however I don’t think the tilde would be a problem?
Otherwise are you able to send us your username and password so that we can test a see what is going on

Cheers
OldDuffer

Whoa - just a minute - this sound like phishing to me.

I do not know who you are, also you have not specified what username and password.

I have no intention of publishing any username / password combination on a forum so even if I sent the information by email, where would I send it to.

Re the tilde: the ~g4ddm is generated within nuBuilder, g4ddm.force9.co.uk/nb/ is being translated to g4ddm.force9.co.uk/~g4ddm/nb/.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

OldDuffer,

Shane works at nuSoftware (nuBuilder), I asked him to answer you because he knows more about operating systems than I do.

you can send a personal message to him or me if you like.

Steven
StillStranded

Unread post by StillStranded »

Guys,

I have similar problem. I installed nuBuilder on a win7 box, using nubuilder-11-03-22.exe, taking the apache and mysql from that install file. Couldn't get it to work. I un-installed, manually installed PHP, apache, mysql, re-installed NOT taking them from install file, and setup wwwroot, php.ini and httpd.conf to correctly serve the app, then carefully went through both of -

http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5956
and
http://www.nubuilder.com/nuBuilder_Install.pdf

Still have the login - then get blank page problem.

Has anyone got a solution? Looks like a nice product - if it worked at all...

Ian
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Ian,

Have you taken off all popup blockers. This is the problem 99 times out of 100.

Steven
StillStranded

Unread post by StillStranded »

Steven,

No, the problem was definitely not popup blockers.

There are issues with current nubuilder-11.03.22.exe on Win6 64bit. It is NOT a shrink-wrap or download and naively install solution, at least for this platform.

I did several combinations after the straight forward single install file. After reading and trying many install and setup docs step by step, I decided to take a macro approach. Tried downloading of the current installing WAMP pack, installing only current nuBuilder on it, then hand configuring. Tried installing appropriate and current 64bit Apache, PHP, MySQL and again hand configuring. All the same result - blank screen after login. Ultimately I thought I'd try some older sure to be 32bit version and see if it worked - to my surprise - instant success!

The nubuilder-09.07.24.exe installed cleanly, and just worked. I picked it at random - it's old, but this is really an "eval" so if general usability and quality makes the grade we can work on getting a more up-to-date version working. After all, you only do installation once (or occasionally) and work with the product ongoing.

So, if you're looking for a solution to the "blank after login" problem and you've read the various install instructions, uninstall everything - reboot - try installing an older version. No verdict on netbuilder itself yet, but don't count on pushbutton install, or a quick read of the doc or howto to make it work, at least on Win 7 64bit.

I'm sure there's some config issue with the straightforward install that I wasn't able to glean from the sparse and nearly applicable doc. So, I figured at SOME point it must have installed cleanly.... and went to historical versions.

Ian
pickle_jimmy

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Still Stranded,

I have Win7 x64 - and tried the x64 version of wampserver (from www.wampserver.com)

One word: Failed.

Wampserver x64 has issues outside of trying to run nuBuilder in it.

I then downloaded the 32bit (x86) version of wampserver, and have been running it without issue. I installed it, downloaded the nuBuilder zip package, uploaded the databases using phpMyAdmin and dumped the php stuff into the c:\wamp\www directory - it all worked like a charm.

I hadn't installed the nubuilder-11.03.22.exe on Win7, so I have just downloaded it and installed it (I uninstalled Wampserver first).

I ran the .exe accepted all the defaults; the only thing I entered was the globeadmin and mysql passwords when prompted - I used "me" without the quotes for both passwords - in case you wanted to copy exactly what I did....
Anyhow, when it finished I opened http://127.0.0.1 and it worked (no blank screen).
I also tried it in firefox - which complained that pop-ups were blocked. I added 127.0.0.1 to the allow pop-ups list, and it worked too.

So, I am not sure why you are having problems??

The md5 of nubuilder-11.03.22.exe should be = eec9409918823f8dc1151363f5ab0ffa

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had issues with this build under Win7x64

Regards

Pickle Jimmy