Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Very beginner question - blank screen after login

wb0gaz

Very beginner question - blank screen after login

Unread post by wb0gaz »

I have installed nuBuilder on a Ubuntu 10.04 machine, along with apache2, php5 and mysql-server (those from apt-get).

The machine did not previously have apache2, php5 or mysql-server.

I do not have experience with apache2, php5 or mysql-server, but I am otherwise comfortable working in the Ubuntu/linux environment.

I followed the linux installation procedures given in:

http://wiki.nubuilder.com/tiki-index.ph ... uilderDocs; I did not attempt to configure smtp information because I do not need e-mail notifications at this point.

The version of nuBuilder I am starting with was just downloaded, and is version 11.03.22

When I initially accessed localhost/index.php, I saw three links (sample, sample debtors, and video training).

When I clicked on sample debtors, I arrived at a log-in screen asking for user name and password.

When I supplied the user name/password in /var/www/db/sampledebtors/config.php, I received a blank screen.

When I tried any other user name/password input combination I got the same result (blank screen.)

I saw another post to the forum related to blank screen; this suggested enabling pop-ups which I did, with no change to result (I am using firefox 3.6 browser.)

I have searched with no success for very-beginner-level documentation on nuBuilder - I believe if I can get past this "blank screen" problem I will be able to make good progress, but the basic documentation and videos I have seen so far do not expect this problem. I arrived at nuBuilder because I do not wish to use windows or access, however, I also have no prior experience integrating mysql and php, so maybe there is some experience normally expected of new user. I cannot find any log file where an error condition leading to blank screen would be recorded (for example, in /var/log). Perhaps this is problem with baseline installation of mysql?

I will be very happy for any basic advice so I can begin.

Thank you,

Dave
shane

Re: Very beginner question - blank screen after login

Unread post by shane »

The following PDF might be more helpful, let me know if this is/or is not helpful.

http://www.nubuilder.com/nuBuilder_Install.pdf
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Very beginner question - blank screen after login

Unread post by admin »