Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

problem with date conversion

andreamori

problem with date conversion

Unread post by andreamori »

Sorry for my bad english (i'm italian) Hope to explain correctly the problem i need to create a report filtered by date and see in sampledebtors how do this; but when try to create the dataTable, the result don't work correctly; i get 2 date, $FromDate and $ToDate with object calendar formatted like d-m-Y (for example 29-07-2010 and 29-07-2011) the italian format (7 in table format); when get this with msql_date_nq function the result is 2010-01-02 (see with simple echo in php code)??? and in zzsys_variable table i see correct 29-07-2010 and 29-07-2011: but when in php code i write "WHERE workdate (is a field in a table contain date of work get with object in format d-m-Y but stored in table like Y-m-d) Between $FromDate And $ToDate etc..." don't work; if i remove on php code the filter "WHERE with date" the dataTable is correctly create; i need or to convert the result of field workdate to italian format (??? in browse table it's already so) or convert $FromDate ans $ToDate to format Y-m-d; i try with reformatField, try to get directly from Formvalue (without use msql_date_nq function) and convert with substring function and set date, but nothing... I'm very inexperienced; thank to google translator for help and if the question need another information i try to explain more.Can anyone help me?
Thank you so much
Andrea Mori
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: problem with date conversion

Unread post by admin »

Andrea,

29-07-2010 and 29-07-2011 needs to be 2010-07-29 and 2011-07-29
mysql filters just as if it was alphabetical.

(msql_date_nq() won't work because it is for a different format)

try this..

Code: Select all

$old = '31-08-2011';

nuDebug(reformatField($old, 7, $quotes = false));

Hope this helps.

Steven
andreamori

Unread post by andreamori »

Yes now the code run correctly
Thank with heart and take this opportunity to congratulate you for your very interesting product

Andrea Mori
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Thanks Andrea.