Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation to existing XAMPP with Joomla!

Questions related to installing, updating, setting up and configuring
MiD-AwE

Installation to existing XAMPP with Joomla!

Unread post by MiD-AwE »

Please help. I tried installing to ubuntu 9.10 but because of the mscore fonts issue with source forge I'm told that the install failed lacking dependencies. So, I switched to my vista XAMPP installation which already includes a Joomla1.5.14 install.

I need some guidance here. I reach the install by http://localhost/nuBuilder/wwwroot/db/sample/index.php but after I login I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'sample'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\nuBuilder\wwwroot\productionnu2\dbfunctions.php on line 23
Could not connect to database

I began by looking at the specified file and line number, but you know what I found. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help. :?:
michael

Re: Installation to existing XAMPP with Joomla!

Unread post by michael »

Hi,

I'm guessing you used the Windows ZIP installer to install nuBuilder into your XAMPP. The error suggests that the database and/or database user 'sample' were never created. Did you have any problems running the setup script? (http://localhost/nuBuilder/wwwroot/setup.php)

Michael
MiD-AwE

Unread post by MiD-AwE »

I attempted to redo the install and now I get these messages.
In order for nuBuilder to work correctly, please configure your PHP installation as detailed below.

display_errors needs to be set to Off.
register_globals needs to be set to On.
The curl extension needs to be loaded.
I'm looking for the information to make the necessary changes.

Thanks, for any advice.
MiD-AwE

Unread post by MiD-AwE »

So far I can only find the Linux Installation guide. How different is it from Windows? I already have a webserver installed for Win Vista64 and Ubuntu 9.10 64, can I use the windows zip for Linux install?
michael

Unread post by michael »

Hi,

Do you have access to change your XAMPP installation configuration? Those messages are simply stating that your current configuration is incompatible with nuBuilder. All of those issues can be resolved by modifying your php.ini file. Make sure the following configuration directives appear in your php.ini and then restart XAMPP and re-run the configuration script.

Code: Select all

display_errors=off
register_globals=on
extension=php_curl.dll
I hope this gets it to work for you! Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Regards,
Michael