Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Designing forms (advanced features)

LAS0

Designing forms (advanced features)

Unread post by LAS0 »

I have just started to play with your project and it seems to be a very nice and useful... :-) I am a beginner to PHP and SQL, but I can learn quick.

Here is my first suggestion:
It took me a while to understand placing the fields in the form, but finally I got it! Anyway I was not satisfied with the only possible option to navigate through these fields by TAB key from top to down by collumns. Sometimes it is useful to have a chance to go via fields by rows. I have found out that the useful HTML attribute to FORM - TABINDEX - is not used. So I have add a "sob_all_field_order" to the table "zzsys_object", then I have modified the form (form.php) to define custom forms with adding several (4) lines to use the variable "sob_all_field_order" as a attribute for desired TAB order...

After modification of some "system" forms now I am able to define my own TAB order in every forms :-) I can provide you with more details if you wish... ;-)
Attachments
Screenshot - Object properties definition with "Field order number"
Screenshot - Object properties definition with "Field order number"
object_def.png (37.45 KiB) Viewed 8278 times
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Designing forms (advanced features)

Unread post by admin »

LAS0,

The good thing about nuBuilder being open source is you are free to make what ever changes you want.

But we have a philosophy that goes something like this.

http://nubuilder.blogspot.com.au/2009/0 ... icity.html

Steven