Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Upgrade almost succuessful

danielf

Upgrade almost succuessful

Unread post by danielf »

I thought I'd start a new thread to avoid cluttering up the old one, and share how I managed to upgrade, with, by the looks of it just a few issues left.

I upgraded from (I think) version 11.03.22. I don't know how to determine version number, but that's the install file I have in my downloads folder. I backed up my data base, and did the upgrade on a different machine. This had an old nuBuilder install which I uninstalled, and then I unstalled the latest version of nubuilder. Next, I imported my site/data base into phpmyadmin.

I then started applying the schema changes found in the change log, working my way up through the different versions. Applying the changes is a matter of copying and pasting the schema changes into the SQL box for the relevant data base in phpmyadmin. For me, this went fine until I got to version 12.01.09. This update failed with the following error:
#1054 - Unknown column 'sob_lookup_autocomplete' in 'field list'
I couldn't see anything that seemed of major importance regarding this field in the change code. It just (apparently, adds it to the zzsys_object table and seemingly deletes it later) so I simply added this field to the zzsys_object table manually, and reapplied the changes, which went through without a hitch.

Next was the final (2.5 upgrade). This also threw up an error, but this one has already been mentioned here: http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7714 So, I manually added the two fields as suggested in the other thread, and then the update worked. Next I switched single window navigation in system setup to get the prized single window mode.

As far as I can tell, nuBuilder works as expected with two exceptions. Both of them relate to the search screen.

The first, which appears specific to my system, is that the Bread Crumbs are overlayed on the first result in the search screen, thus messing up that entry.
The second one, which may be generic, is that in one of my search screens, I have a text field which can span multiple lines. In the search screen, it displays the top couple of pixels from the second line together with the first line, but it only appears to do so for the first result of the search screen.

As you can see in the attachment, the top left of the search screen is messed up. This is the bread crumb which presumably shouldn't appear in the results. The summary field is also messed up. This is because part of the second line of the summary for the first result is showing.

Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve these two issues?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (45.38 KiB) Viewed 6613 times
danielf

Re: Upgrade almost succuessful

Unread post by danielf »

I found another issue which relates to the report writer. The reports that I had created work alright in the new version of nuBuilder, until I try to edit them. I'm using some counts in my reports, and in the report writing code I refer to them as e.g. Sum(issuecat_count). After I save the report (without making any changes), it throws up the following error type when I try to run it:
SELECT SUM(issuecat_count_Sum) as answerA FROM ___nu14f5f45a503bf0___ WHERE issue_cat = "Complaint"

1054: Unknown column 'issuecat_count_Sum' in 'field list'
Yet there is no reference to SUM(issuecat_count_Sum) in the report. Just SUM(issuecat_count). The call to this field appears to be generated by the new version of nuBuilder when an old report is edited, but I can't see it anywhere in either the PHP data code, or in any of the fields in the report builder.

Just to add: only reports that use the sum function appear to be affected, and they run fine when I alter and save the PHP code. The moment I go into the report builder, and copy changes, it crashes when run. I'm also unable to write any new reports that use the SUM function. Same problem. Seems to me the report builder has not been updated properly.
danielf

Unread post by danielf »

Hi, I really hate to come across as impatient or pushy, but we're nearing 1 AM in the UK which means bed time for me, and kind of closes the window of communication as your working day will have finished when I get up.

I could really do with some help on the 2 issues outlined above. I'm hoping to deploy this site for test purposes (which will require considerable data entry) in the next couple of days, and would really like to sort out these issues beforehand. I can live with the browse screen issue for now, but I'm concerned about deploying the site when there's an issue with reports which means I can't make changes to reports in the site I'm deploying.

Cheers,

Dan.
vario
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by vario »

Don't know how you got on with this, but the breadcrumb thing happened to me (as well as various other errors when applying the upgrade SQL from 11.11.03 upwards to 2.7.4!). I found it was only the browse screens affected. I used the Style form to change .nuBrowse "top" from 30px to 70px and things look OK now. I haven't fully tested everything however...
shane

Unread post by shane »

We are providing a product for free and support for free, I am sorry that we cannot also meet your deadlines and response times as you expect. (for free)
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Dan,

To have the breadcrumbs not overlayed you will need to adjust the top pixels for .nuForm and .nuBrowse and .nuMenu and maybe adjust some other styles as well.

Here's an outline of these new (and older styles) http://wiki.nubuilder.com/tiki-index.ph ... yle+Sheets

The height of a Browse row can be changed here,
Capture22.PNG
Capture22.PNG (11.08 KiB) Viewed 6519 times
(if you don't want to see it wrapping), otherwise you could chop off notes that get too long.

Steven