Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation on XAMPP 1.7.7

Quax

Installation on XAMPP 1.7.7

Unread post by Quax »

Good evening from Thailand.

I'm on the way to install NuBuilder on my Server. I running XAMPP 1.7.7 already with PHP, MySQL and Apache on that server.

Now my question: How to install NuBuilder on that config? I need to keep that config because of other installations. Which NuBuilder Package I should use? My OS is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2.

Finished apps I'll upload to my Host Server which is running on Linux with PHP and MySQL.

Could someone please guide me the way?

Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day.

Quax the Crash Pilot.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Installation on XAMPP 1.7.7

Unread post by admin »

Quax

Unread post by Quax »

Thanks for that.

1.: I didn't use Linux OS on the local Server which I would use for the main installation, I use Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32bit

2.: Did I should use the .zip version of nuBuilder, extract it to the htdocs folder of XAMPP and edit the index.php file of nuBuilder accordingly?

As I wrote in my OP, I need XAMPP to be present on my Server for other apps which are installed on it.

Thanks for any advice.
Have a nice day.

Quax the Crash Pilot.
pickle_jimmy

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Quax,

If you already have XAMPP up and running, getting nuBuilder to work isnt too difficult. I have a previous post

http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... immy#p7618

which explains briefly; but the steps are as follows:

1) download the .zip file - this contains the php files and the sample.sql file you need. nuBuilder MUST have both the php and the sample.sql files to work.
2) Put the /db and /productionnu2 directories into your webroot
3) Using PHPMyAdmin, create the database (sample) and upload the sample.sql file
4) In PHPMyAdmin, create a user that has rights to access the database.
5) edit the config.php file in the /db/sample directory to match the database credentials.
6) point your browser at http://domain.com/db/sample/

Hope this helps.
Pickle Jimmy
Quax

Unread post by Quax »

Thanks a lot for that.

Now I stumble at phpMyAdmin!! I could not export the Database to the DB Folder! How to do that.

I've to admit that I'm totally new to php and MySql and need really some help for to get those things up and running.

I use an other system already but unfortunately those option are to limited for what I've to do.
Have a nice day.

Quax the Crash Pilot.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »