Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Windows Install

peterm

Windows Install

Unread post by peterm »

Hi
I have downloaded and installed NUBuilder on 2 windows machines and have been unable to get it running on either.
I did a complete install PHP and MYSQL
The first machine was a windows XP machine just standard apps installed when i clicked the sample icons nothing happened.
I installed it on my developement machine windows 2008R2 which already had PHP and MYSQL installed.
on this machine i am getting the following error in the event logs

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Unable to open logs

i did a bit of research in this and found some comments about IIS so turned off IIS but still getting the same error

Neither of the NUBUILDER servers DB or WWW are running when i start them i am getting the following.

NUBUILDERDB
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly

NUBUILDERWWW
service-specific error code 1

would love to try this system have heard it is great any help would be Appreciated
pickle_jimmy

Re: Windows Install

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Peterm,

Hope I can help you getting nuBuilder up and running, it is well worth the effort.

First, nuBuilder needs PHP, MYSQL, and a Webserver to run. It doesn't really matter which web server - Apache, IIS, etc - but
having more than one running on a machine (unless you specifically configure them to run on different ports) can cause issues.

So, from the top...

1) I would recommend uninstalling the windows install of nuBuilder, and making sure you have no other webservers (eg IIS) running.
2) Then I would go to http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and download the latest 32bit version (I have had troubles in the past with the 64bit version - so until you are totally confident, start with the 32bit even on 64bit Windows)
2a) Install and run wampserver. This will give you APACHE, MYSQL, PHP, and some other stuff which can come in handy.
2b) WampServer also has a nice taskbar element which allows for adding features, editing ini files, and starting/stopping services.
2c) Test that wamp is working by going to http://127.0.0.1/ - you should now be able to also access PHPMyAdmin (for database admin)

If WAMP is up and running (all steps above have been successful), you should now have a fairly recent version of PHP, MYSQL, and APACHE; and you are ready to ADD nuBuilder.

3) Download the latest (currently 12.06.05) ZIP version of nuBuilder. This file contains the PHP files and the SQL files needed to get nuBuilder running.
4) Extract the ZIP file, and copy its contents to WAMP's www directory (I think by default it is C:\wamp\www)
4a) You should now have C:\wamp\www\db and C:\wamp\www\productionnu2 plus a few other files in this directory.
5) There should be 2 SQL files (sample.sql and samplenufinancial.sql) amongst these files, which you can insert into MYSQL using PHPMyADMIN
5a) When importing these files, they should create the required databases and the required users to get them up and running.
6) Now, when you go to http://127.0.0.1/ it should give you an index that allows you to select which of the two test sites you want to run.
7) Log in to your sites with u:globeadmin and p:secret

Good Luck,

Regards

Pickle Jimmy
peterm

Unread post by peterm »

Hi
Thanks for your reply
i have uninstalled nuBuilder and will go through the procedure you have recomended however i just have one question.
I already have Mysql, PHP installed which i use with another developement system called PHPRunner.
if i install wampserver will this affect the current Mysql PHP etc which are used by PHPRunner. I have websites which use this system and will still need to keep this running?

In the mean time i will complete your recomendations on the XP machine to get started.

thanks for your help

Cheers
Peter
pickle_jimmy

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Peterm

The fact that you already have a mysql + php setup may have been what broke the initial install of nubuilder; but that aside...

If you have a webserver + php + mysql, you can just follow the second half of my initial post - the bit that follows the install of WampServer - as
all that installing WampServer does is give you what you already have.

Just be aware that nuBuilder needs both the files in the productionnu2 directory, and at least 1 database (eg sample.sql) to run. This database contains tables and settings
that are integral for the running of nubuilder. When you create a new site, you start with the sample.sql database, and add your data tables to it. That way all the system tables
and settings are where nuBuilder expects them to be.

Good Luck

Cheers

Pickle Jimmy
peterm

Unread post by peterm »

Hi Pickle

This is what i have done

Uninstalled IIS
Uninstalled PHP MYSQL (after backup of Databases)
Remove NUBuilder
Complete install of WAMPServer
workthrough a few issues to get Apache running.
download NUBuilder ZIP placed files in wamp\www folder
Tryed to use PHPMyAdmin to insert SQL files got following error
- No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration. See FAQ 1.16.
So used MYSQL Workbench and executed the SQL files from here which created the database files in MYSQL

I then opened http://127.0.0.1/ and got the login to sample and Sample NUFinancial menu ( All good so far)
then when i logged into the NUFinancial i got the screens as i have put in the attachment.
i also noticed in PHPAdmin their are some config issues which i am not sure if these are causing the issues.
Sorry i am pritty new to PHP etc i have previously used windows IIS Visual Studio etc
any help would be great

sorry could not attach PDF!!
errors were
SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\productionnu2\form.php on line 1079
Notice: Undefined index: #nu_session# in C:\wamp\www\productionnu2\common.php on line 721
Undefined index: #parameter# in C:\wamp\www\productionnu2\common.php on line 723
etc etc
if you wont the PDF i can email.

PS the journey is part of the fun

Cheers
Peter
peterm

Unread post by peterm »

Any other help on this issue
i have still not been able to get it running
Cheers
Peter
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Peter,

I can't see any attachment.

Steven
quaxth

Unread post by quaxth »

After installing nuBuilder on Windows 8 Release Preview 64bit, I could not start nubuilbder. PopUp are fully enabled in IE10.

In Event Log I got the following errors:
[quote]Errors in Event Viewer Logs:

System = Service Control Manager: The nuBuilderWWW service terminated with the following service-specific error: Incorrect function.

Application = Appache Service
1. The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> [Sat Jul 07 09:04:15 2012] [warn] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed ConfigArgs for the service "nuBuilderWWW", using Apache defaults. .
2. The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 10.37.131.2 for ServerName .
3. The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 .
4. The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> no listening sockets available, shutting down .
5. The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Unable to open logs .[\quote]

Could someone please point me to the direction I've to go?

Thanks.
Quax

Unread post by Quax »

@peterm:

use to compress the PDF file as .zip and it should be OK for to attach!
Have a nice day.

Quax the Crash Pilot.
peterm

Unread post by peterm »

thanks quax i will try compressing and post attachment when i get home
cheers