Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

sample.sql - is it always updated?

anorman

sample.sql - is it always updated?

Unread post by anorman »

Hi guys,

I have a question for you..

I just made myself a manual process for "updating" to newer versions of NuBuilder.

In a nutshell, I remove the sample and nufinancial databases from the mysql server, run the two scripts to recreate them in the new version of the tarball, and then apply whatever patches between the last version and the new version to all the production databases. I assumed this means whenever I create a new database, I can then just use the "current" sample which will always be up-to-date as the skeleton for the new database.

I just looked at version 2.7.4 and the sample.sql file included in that says that the sample dump was created on 7-4-12. I opened up my nudbuilder 2.7.3 archive, and it appears to be the same file, yet there is a schema change that you noted between the two..

Can you confirm that

1.) The scheme change is in the new "sample" database as supplied by version 2.7.4.
a.) If not, can you tell me what 'schema' the included sample is from, so I might apply all relevant schema changed to update it to a v2.7.4 database
2.) Is my process usually correct, in that the sample database is normally shipped with the latest schema, and this was just an oversight, or do I need to apply schema changes to the existing sample and samplenufinancial databases to keep them up to date?

Thanks,
- Andre
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: sample.sql - is it always updated?

Unread post by admin »

Andre,

You are correct, although I did make the mistake of not applying that one sql update to the schema before uploading it. My apologies.

We are working on a plan to automate schema updates from our web site.

Steven
anorman

Unread post by anorman »

Is there an easy way to identify the "schema" version in the database?

I.E. Is there a field in some table somewhere that gets updated with "schema" version that I can check to see what level the database is at, so I know where to start applying patches?

Speaking of which, is there a way to easily check with version of the php files a system is using without going and manually checking file dates or such?

Thanks again,

- Andre
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Not at this point.

Steven
anorman

Unread post by anorman »