Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation to XP-Server

quaxth

Installation to XP-Server

Unread post by quaxth »

Hi.

Just some crazy question: What are the requirements for to install nuBuilder on and Windows XP-Server not with Wamp etc, directly with use of IIS? And how to do that with Ubuntu Linux?

I ask that because I would like to test nuBuilder in normal environment, which means accessible form the Internet.

After I was get my new Internet connection with 20Mbps down and 2 Mbps up on Cable, I was also got an static IP so it would be easy to testing under very normal conditions.

Thanks for any advice and answer.
pickle_jimmy

Re: Installation to XP-Server

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Quaxth,

First up: nuBuilder needs PHP and MYSQL + some kind of OS (be it linux, windows, mac, unix, etc) and an HTTP server (apache, iis, etc). If you have IIS running on a server and install PHP and MYSQL - individual packages available on the net - this will work fine. nuBuilder does NOT require any particular HTTP server, it just needs A HTTP server.

Second Question: Ubuntu. Most Linux installs - including Ubuntu - will allow you to choose the packages you want to install. I think when you set up Ubuntu, it allows you to set it up as a "Web Server" and will automatically add the Apache, PHP, and the MySql packages. Otherwise - if this is a production environment, I do a minimal install and use "apt get" to add the individual packages you need.
Short answer - most of our production installs are on Linux (various flavours) - and it is an excellent platform for nubuilder.

Google is your friend when it comes to this - ALSO - look up LAMP howtos on the ubuntu forums (which are also excellent).

Good Luck

Cheers

Pickle Jimmy