Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Newbie - No clues how to start

klosowski

Newbie - No clues how to start

Unread post by klosowski »

Hi,
I'm trying to run nuBuilder and i have a critical issue. Install.txt for the newest version is not up to date and i think i'm missing some details doing it on my own.
First : Where to put my mysql username, password, database name , i thought i have to modify config.php , but there's nothing but globepass ,tried to add those variables anyway (i got var names from your wiki) but i'm not sure if it's the right thing.
Second : no clue where to start :) . Imported sample.sql and samplenufinancial.sql via phpmyadmin , when trying to open nuBuilder (localhost/nu/) i get two sample links, no login option (i assume sample and samplenufinancial login page is not my admin panel or any other thing to control nubuilder).
My next step was to try /productionnu2/. Index page led me to "/_pcp2000/database.php?start=1" that doesn't exist.
This is the spot where i don't know what else to do . I'll be very grateful if you could provide install.txt for the newest version of your app(if you have one).

I'm using the newest nuBuilder
Server: Xampp 1.7.7

Thanks for help.
Klosowski
pickle_jimmy

Re: Newbie - No clues how to start

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi klosowski,

If you want a starting place for installing nubuilder, search these forums for "Pickle" - yes, that seems odd, but what
you are looking for is my (pickle jimmy's) posts. I have a number of them regarding installing nuBuilder - so rather than
repeat myself, start there.

Next: the zip download of nuBuilder - which I recommend over the .exe - contains two databases: a SAMPLE and a SAMPLENUFINANCIAL

At the top of these databases is the mysql to create the database and the user - it also assigns permissions to the user.

FROM Sample
==========================================
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS sample;
USE sample;
CREATE USER 'sample'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'samplepass';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `sample` . * TO 'sample'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

This means there will be a database called "sample" AND a user called "sample" with a PASSWORD of "samplepass"

This data MUST correspond with the information contained in the /db/sample/config.php file
$DBHost = "127.0.0.1";
$DBName = "sample";
$DBUser = "sample";
$DBPassword = "samplepass";
$DBGlobeadminPassword = "sampleglobeadmin";

The final piece of information here is a globeadmin password - which is the password you use to log in to nuBuilder with the globeadmin username... in this case it is "sampleglobeadmin".

So, look up my posts and read through the step by step instructions. Upload the sample database and log in to the sample site.

Good Luck

Pickle.