Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation Issues

isuzufan

Installation Issues

Unread post by isuzufan »

I can't seem to launch nuBuilder after installation.

Here are some details:

-- I uninstalled all previous versions of MySQL on my machine before installing nuBuilder.
-- I downloaded the 111MB Windows Installer nuBuilder package. From reading nuBuilder's site, I understood that this file would also install nuBuilder, PHP, Apache, and MySQL.
-- At the last step of installation, a Windows message informed me that the program may not have installed correctly and that I could continue or reinstall nuBuilder to correct the problem. (I've tried both choices to no effect.)
-- When I visit http://127.0.0.1....nothing.
-- On the assumption that the installation package did NOT install the Apache web server (or any of the other dependent apps), I removed nuBuilder, installed WAMP, and then installed the lighter version of nuBuilder (without Apache or MySQL). I started all of WAMP's services and then tried to visit http://127.0.0.1....nothing.
pickle_jimmy

Re: Installation Issues

Unread post by pickle_jimmy »

Hi Isuzufan,

The windows installer of nuBuilder is problematic - not for any other reason but this...
1) there are a number of different versions of windows to get it working on
2) there are a number of different versions of PHP, MYSQL, and APACHE
3) these things all need to play nicely together + the version of nuBuilder on top of that (the PHP features it uses, etc)
4) it is a couple of years old now, and has suffered from neglect :-/

Anyhow, for that simple reason, I recommend using a third party WAMP variant - because that's what they do, and they do it well. You will get a current version of PHP, MYSQL, and APACHE - and
they'll play nicely with Windows. This is not what we do at nuBuilder - we try to keep it ticking along with changes/improvements and bug fixes.

So, the simple answer - read my other Posts on how to install nuBuilder - I recommend WAMPSERVER + nubuilder.zip

It is not too difficult to get up and running, and well worth the effort.

Good Luck

Pickle Jimmy
isuzufan

Unread post by isuzufan »

Thank you, sir! I'll look into that.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »