Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Quick finding

martbarr

Quick finding

Unread post by martbarr »

Hi guys - loving the software - but I have a "howto" question.

I am converting a Filemaker db into nuBuilder and steaming ahead.
But in FM you can switch an edit form (layout in their terms) into "Find" mode whilst in the form,
and each field becomes queriable - so putting various values in the find mode fields and hitting "find" gets me that query as a set of edit records with next and previous buttons

I know I'm not going to easily get that level of query building (?)
but how can I get my users to browse records based on multiple criteria and then go to the edit form ?
things like yes/no fields and date matching etc

Sorry if this is a basic question - I've seen the report builder tute on youtube and wonder if I can develop that?
If I could add a basic query textfield somewhere and let them write their own mysql queries I could give that to the advanced users.
but also need something simpler for those let savvy.

many thanks
Martin (in UK)
martbarr

Re: Quick finding

Unread post by martbarr »

ok let me rephrase...
how can I give users a good selection of criteria maybe 20 fields worth to use to select a form ??
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Quick finding

Unread post by admin »

Martin,

Glad you are enjoying nuBuilder.

Using a Browse Form, 98 percent of the time a simple filter and sort (sometime with a bit of creativity) will get you a recordset that can be dumped into a spreadsheet with the Print Button (and then manipulated).
(It can be important to show users exactly how to use Browse Forms because a lot of people don't automatically get it)

You could create a subform on a Report Criteria Screen, where you could generate extra clauses.

Also using a few Listbox Objects can make reports very flexible.

Steven