Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

How does user change their own password?

mlgeek

Re: How does user change their own password?

Unread post by mlgeek »

zazzium wrote:
I had hoped that the user would be able to skip the Browse/Search screen and go straight to the record edit screen
My suggestion is doing exactly that
Zazzium-

You mean doing this, right?

That brings me to a record edit screen with all blanks.

What am I missing?
zazzium

Unread post by zazzium »

You mean doing this, right?
Yes

The suggestion is ment only for password change, not for the user to edit other data ;) .
User opens the form, fills blank field with new password, saves, and done.

If u want to give the user more options (to change name etc.)
then you should probably make a new table users and mirror the primary id and password with zzsys_user table.
when the users tabels primary id is the same as in zzsys_user, then u can open the form directly with #zzsys_user_id#

hope it makes sense
Tobias

Unread post by Tobias »

Hi,
after long hours of trying different approaches to solve mlgeek's problem (Change Password AND Display also the user infos) I've came to an working, but not perfect workaround.

To get it working make the following:

1. Create a Form "change_password" following the steps posted by mlgeek but leave out step 6! (http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... 00d#p11344

2. now create another Form "change_password_entry". The table and everything doesn't matter, just take something, for example the same values as in "change_password". For getting it working properly add 1 Object to the form... for example a text object that includes always "Loading... Please wait"

3. go to Custom Code -> Javascript in that form. Paste in there the following code and replace "ID of change_password" with the real ID of your form in "openForm('ID of change_password', userid);"

Code: Select all

function nuLoadThis() {
    var userid = zzsys_user_id();
    openForm('ID of change_password', userid);
    }
This has the effect that the JS code is being executed when the first form is loading and opens then the real form with the correct record-ID.

4. Add A Button-Object to your Index-Page that opens change_password_entry and change the called record ID there to "-1".

I hope this is helpful for someone and saves you some time :) .
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »