Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Initial Login

tarelds

Initial Login

Unread post by tarelds »

Hello. I too am a newbie to nubuilder. My hope is that it will be a complete replacement for MS Access.
I have just done a new install, everything worked out ok. However when I login to the sample database it immediately takes me back to the login screen.

I think that this means that the password and database names are correct as I have changed both and got the appropriate messages indicating that it cannot connect.

Can you please advise how I can proceed. I really don't know what else to try now. I know that there are a lot of similar posts, but I have not seen this issue. Sorry if I missed something and you have to repeat the answer if this has been done already.

I look forward to some assistance.

Michael
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Initial Login

Unread post by admin »

Michael,

Have you tried reinstalling nuBuilder?

BTW how did you hear about nuBuilder?

Steven
tarelds

Unread post by tarelds »

I worked it out; needed to use 'globeadmin' as user with the password I assigned.

Sorry, it is obvious when you know how.

I heard about nuBuilder looking for alternatives on the web.
I have tried phprunner and phpmaker. I found phprunner the best, but I really wanted something that looked like MS Access but php/mysql. I have wanted to move away from Access because of the freedom a browser based application offers and to avoid all the complications of upgrades especially with the radical changes in Access after 2003 version.

I have been a power programmer with Access having developed some pretty reasonable applications, so am really hoping that nuBuilder will allow me to re-release some of my applications.

Thank you for your excellent response and for the program.

Regards,

Michael Riley
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

Thanks Michael.

Steven