Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Personal database

xavier

Personal database

Unread post by xavier »

Hello.

I liked Access because it was an easy system.
I loved Oracle APEX because it's a powerful RAD platform and it allows to design web apps reachable from any web browser.

But nuBuiler got serious advantages that diverse to be emphasized and make nuBuilder, imho, much more interesting that these 2 previous solutions :
- it's free, unlimited and opensource
- It's build upon a simple but powerful model.
- It doesn't need any exotic extension or framework : You just need PHP and MySQL, nothing else. So it can run nicely even under the cheapest hosting solution.

For all of these reasons, a non professional programmer like me can, with limited knowledge in SQL/PHP and JS, create his own database application that he can access from anywhere.

I use nuBuilder just like evrebody would use MS Access for : managing library, contacts etc...

Thank you for this great app. I hope the development will go on so that it would become the major DMS it deserves to be.
I also wish it would be adopted by the broadest audience possible.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Personal database

Unread post by admin »

xavier,

I'm glad you like it.

I am currently working on version 3 which will look similar but will be faster and include an API.

Steven
D630

Unread post by D630 »

Hey!

I am new, and after installation and quick looks i can say, that I agree with xavier.

I am a student of humanties und have to manage my "daily work": for recording and utilising bliographic citations i use reference management software in BibTex file format (JabRef and Zotero); for managing all the knowledge stuff in form and content ("subject and descriptive cataloguing") i work with a software called "Zettelkasten" (slip box) in addition to databases in LibreOffice Base, which are connected with my MySQL-Server on localhost. Forms in Base are based on LibreOffice Writer application, are easy designed in the LibreOffice Base Design View, but sadly there is no easy way to create or to convert those into database webapplications like in MS Access odr FileMaker.

So, to cut this long story short: my intention to use nuBuilder is having access to these databases via web and creating easy Forms. I played around with Xataface and other form builder, which are linked on SourceForge, but with nuBuilder i can create web Forms AND web Subforms. In my pragmatic and technical view (i am not a programmer), this is the main advantage of nuBuilder, because of the "scenario" above. Furthermore nuBuilder accommodates me as a student (and linux beginner) with its free and open source concept.

Currently nuBuilder is "just" a component or module for me. But maybe it can play a more prominent role in the future, if i will get it better to know and look into php subject etc.

Thank you very much for your work! :) I try to give more feedback after my first working phases
xavier

Unread post by xavier »

admin wrote:xavier,

I'm glad you like it.

I am currently working on version 3 which will look similar but will be faster and include an API.

Steven
Really ? Is there any post that could give use a preview of the new functionalities ?
Can't wait...
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

xavier,

Here's some screens..

http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8259

Steven
admin
Site Admin