Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Different results for date routine on web compared to local

JohnKlassen

Re: Different results for date routine on web compared to lo

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Max,

While we continue to try to figure out why the pop-up menu does not work on GoDaddy, do you have any suggestions on another way to ask the user for input before running a report? At this time, I have some reports where I ask the user for a 'unit' number and other reports where I ask the user for a 'date range'. Are there other ways to get this input from the user other than a pop-up form and using 'formvalue''?

Thanks,

John
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

John, try to set max_input_vars = 8000 or higher.
Sorry, but I can't find other suggestions.

Max
JohnKlassen

Max,

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't make a difference.

While I continue to work on getting this problem resolved, can you answer my other question? Is there another way to get input from the user besides using a pop-up form and "formvalue"?

Thanks,

John
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

John,
I don't know if this could fix the problem, but you could ask GoDaddy service to set KeepAlive On in Apache configuration file (this should be the standard configuration).
JohnKlassen wrote:Is there another way to get input from the user besides using a pop-up form and "formvalue"?
The only alternative that comes to mind is to build a standard form with only the fields you need for selection (vFrom, vTo, etc..) and an Extra Action Button with this in Javascript to run:

Code: Select all

PrintIt('your_report_code');
In report code you can access the values in the form with hash variables:

Code: Select all

$vFrom = "#vFrom#";
$vTo = "#vTo#";
$sql = "SELECT ...
Hope this helps,
Max.
JohnKlassen

Max,

I am finally finding time to work on this problem again.

I like your suggestion of creating another table for my users to enter parameters such as 'from date', 'to date' and 'unit'. I created a table called 'parms' with a primary key and the above columns. When I clicked on 'Form Wizard' I immediately received an error code of '00af797' and a SQL statement of 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM `a___nu151e36e1b9492d___`'. When I enter that SQL into phpMyAdmin, it says the table does not exist. I was not able to bring up the form wizard screen.

What is the best way to debug this problem?

Should I open a separate post for this error?

Thanks,

John Klassen
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

John,
JohnKlassen wrote:I created a table called 'parms' with a primary key and the above columns. When I clicked on 'Form Wizard' I immediately received an error code of '00af797' and a SQL statement of 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM `a___nu151e36e1b9492d___`'.
sorry, can you provide more informations?
Can you access your parms table in phpmyadmin?
Are you saying that you can't open Form Wizard? It's the first time you access this nuBuilder function?

To create a new form you must:
  1. create the table structure in phpmyadmin (remember Naming Conventions);
  2. open Form Wizard to create nuBuilder form and objects
Max
JohnKlassen wrote:Should I open a separate post for this error?
Yes, please.
JohnKlassen

Max,

I created a new post called, 'Form Wizard Button gets error' under General topics.

If I can resolve the Form Wizard button problem in the other post, I should be able to create a table and form for the user to enter the date range and unit values and then tie it to this report. Then I will have found a work around for this post.

Thanks,

John Klassen
JohnKlassen

Max,

I fixed the form wizard error. Details are in the other post on form wizard error.

I will now work on using a parameter form/table to place the parameters for my reports. I will update this post when this is resolved.

Thanks,

John Klassen
JohnKlassen

Max,

I used your suggestion to create a standard form where the user can enter in the date range and unit number. I then refer to those variables in my reports. Although I like the idea of the pop-up menu for these reports, it is not supported by GoDaddy, my client's ISP. This is a great alternative.

Thanks for all of your help.

You may close this post.

John Klassen
massiws

Unread post by massiws »