Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Save Report Hangs After Report Writer

Eggsalad

Save Report Hangs After Report Writer

Unread post by Eggsalad »

Not sure if this is actually a Report Writer question, but I'll post this here. Hope someone can help.

Most of the time, after using Report Writer for the first time for an individual report, when I click Save on the report/activity form, it says "Waiting for [website]" and never recovers. No changes are saved. Before using Report Writer, I can save the report multiple times. It seemed initially to work ok some of the time after using Report Writer, but it was intermittent. Now, on one particular report, I can no longer make changes.

This never happened when saving anything else.

As far as I can tell, Report Writer is copying values correctly to the hidden field on the report form. I made that field visible, and I can copy values manually into phpMyAdmin, although I haven't tried this with more complicated reports. I don't think this is a good solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, I followed advice in this thread to solve the blank parameters form issue:
http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... ame+report
There are references in other threads to database updates. Aside from the blank form change above, I couldn't find any info on these. Any instructions? Or maybe installing the latest build takes care of everything else.

Thanks!!!
Eggsalad

Re: Save Report Hangs After Report Writer

Update:

It also hangs when clicking Delete on the same report, with the display code.

I believe it also hangs on a different report without display code after many revisions.

Could this be related to the number of temp tables still in the database or to the number of records in the variables table?
Eggsalad

No ideas out there?

Well, my workaround works but is pretty clumsy. If it helps anyone else, you make this object visible and bigger on the Activity form:
"sat_report_display_code"
Then, after you make changes in Report Writer and copy them back to the form, you select all in that object and paste it into the corresponding field in the "zzsys_activity" table in phpMyAdmin.

I still hope someone might know what's going on though...

Thanks!!
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Eggsalad, what version of nuBuilder/PHP are you working on?
I never encountred this problem in my reports, also after many and many changes with Report Writer.
Some bugs relative to saving records were fixed in version 2.8.1: maybe upgrade your installation to current version could help.

Sorry, probably isn't the answare you are waiting!

Max
Eggsalad

Thanks for the reply!

nubuilder-v2.8.1-12.12.19-Build554
PHP 5.3.8

Seems like it's running out of some kind of resource, which is weird because I have everything pretty maxed out in php.ini.
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

You have the last version, so no upgrade are possible!.
I have two installation of nuBuilder 2.8.1, with PHP 5.3.13 and 5.3.22 and, as previously sad, without problem.

Some suggestion:
- if you want, you can empty tables zzsys_variable and zzsys_trap (I set a cronjob to clear the content periodically, see here: http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... job#p10462);
- you have a message from Apache "Waiting for [website]": can you get any other message in error_log file?
- are the requirements to run nuBuilder satisfied?

Code: Select all

// parameters to set in php.ini file ...
max_input_vars = 10000
post_max_size = 32M
max_execution_time = 600
memory_limit = 512M
magic_quotes_gpc = Off

// ...or in .htaccess file
php_value max_input_vars 10000
php_value post_max_size 32M
php-value max_execution_time 600
php_value memory_limit 512M
php_value magic_quotes_gpc Off

// somethimes this may be necessary
php_flag suhosin.simulation On
- maybe an error in report PHP code?
- maybe something has been corrupted: can you restore the report from a previous DB backup?

Max