Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Pre-Browse Criteria Form Question

Eggsalad

Pre-Browse Criteria Form Question

Unread post by Eggsalad »

I'm setting up criteria forms which lead back to browse screens instead of reports, like similar "find" and "query" functionality in other databases (Filemaker, Access, etc.).

This is a great thread about doing this:
http://forums.nubuilder.cloud/viewtopic.p ... openbrowse
(I agree with the original poster there that this greatly expands nuBuilder's functionality beyond browse search.)

Two issues have come up. The first, which I solved, is apparently you can't use openBrowse() directly in Extra Action Buttons; you have to put it in a Custom Code function called from the Extra Action Button.

Second, and this is the question, Listboxes apparently don't work the same in this context. Instead of creating a hash-variable temp table, they return one index value, which defeats the purpose of using a Listbox. Has anyone encountered this and knows how to fix it, or does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!!!!
Eggsalad

Re: Pre-Browse Criteria Form Question

Unread post by Eggsalad »

Ok, I think the answer is Listboxes are only implemented on Report selection forms.

I came up with a workaround which involves using Javascript to iterate through the Listbox, put the values together in a string, and save it to a hidden Text Object, which is available as a hash variable in the Before Browse php.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Pre-Browse Criteria Form Question

Unread post by admin »

Eggsalad,

You're right about the ListBoxes.

Steven