Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Upgrade from version v2.5 / Install new version

vnbuser

Upgrade from version v2.5 / Install new version

Unread post by vnbuser »

Hi there!

I am using nuBuilder for a not for profit for about a year now and it works great. There are a couple of glitches that are fixed in recent versions but I am quite far behind in updating nubuilder. I tried to apply the changelog scripts without much success and it would be great if you could answer a few questions to get me back on track.

1) Can I find the current version number/build in the DB? I am pretty sure I am running v2.5-12.02.15-Build417 based on my installation date.

2) Is it somehow possible to install the newest nuBuilder and merge my forms/objects/users/reports... with it?

3) When try and apply the next change (Build 436) I get ' MySQL said: Documentation #1062 - Duplicate entry '14f3852d29db17' for key 'PRIMARY' '. Skipping it (because I might already be at that level) gives me ' #1054 - Unknown column 'sob_subform_zzsysform_id' in 'field list' ' for the build 449 script.

It would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Joe
massiws

Re: Upgrade from version v2.5 / Install new version

Unread post by massiws »

Joe, if you made a little search in this forum you'll know upgrading from many versions could be hard and painful!

First of all, if you are unsure what version of nuBuilder is running, you can read the Changelog: for example, on v.2.6 page you can read:
Removed superfluous word "Search" from the left of Browse Form's search field. And removed hard coded width to allow styling with the Style named "searchcolor".
So, it could be simple check if your version have this feature or not.

Based on my experience, to upgrade to last version I suggest:
1) backup files and database;
2) install last version of nuBuilder;
3) in phpmyadmin apply changelog for each version, one SQL by one: if you get an error you can try to correct that SQL sentence (ex: for duplicate entry on record 14f3852d29db17, change the ID of the new record and than, in phpmyadmin, verify the differences between new and old records).

About import forms, objects, reports, etc. in new database: I think that compare old and new structure of each table may clarify if data inside that table can be imported in new database.

For specific errors you can look in (and ask) the forum.

Hope this helps,
Max
vnbuser

Unread post by vnbuser »

Hi Max,

Thanks for your quick reply!
massiws wrote:Joe, if you made a little search in this forum you'll know upgrading from many versions could be hard and painful!
I did a search and could not find a clear answer (e.g. on conflicting keys). That is why I thought that it is somehow possible to start fresh and new while still being able to import my old stuff. But if the structure of the DB changes, it is not possible. I get that.

Thanks for your tip with looking at features per version and comparing that with my current version. I think it has a lot of value to store the version number in the DB and change it with the changelog scripts.

I will try my best to apply the scripts. As I was starting out with the sample DB I was confused to get an error on the first script I ran. That's why I thought that I must be doing something completely wrong.

Thanks again!

Joe
massiws

Unread post by massiws »