Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Nubuilder 3

xavier

Re: Nubuilder 3

Unread post by xavier »

nuGent wrote: Hi Xavier
I also downloaded the new version but I cannot get it to run past the login form. Can you give me a couple of tips on your install and setup procedures? I have modified config.php but I'm not sure about the two database files and how the templates are supposed to work. I also had errors importing the sql into MySql. I'm excited to try it out but have spent too long getting nowhere fast! Any help you can offer is much appreciated.
Regards, John
John,

Here is a small procedure, as I remember :
- Modify ./config.php and set the variables $nuConfigDBHost,$nuConfigDBName,$nuConfigDBUser,$nuConfigDBPassword, and $nuConfigDBGlobeadminPassword (the lastest is the pasword for login as globeadmin). There is also a variable called $nuConfigtitle, but I didn't figured what is for, so leave it as default (='Start App').
- Run, into you browser ./nuinstall.php. Enter the globeadmin psw, and click 'submit'.
- That's all ! You are then ready to start developing you new application.

Just like the previous version, nuBuilder internal tables are created and stored in the working database, so you don't have to import any SQL code (unlike v2, nuinstall does it for you)
As nuBuilderv2 and nuBuilderPro doesn't use the same table prefixe, you can start exploiting you tables, but you will have to recreate all your form, objects etc...

Hope you will start enjoying nuBuilderPro in no time !
nuGent

Unread post by nuGent »

Thanks Xavier

I had to increase the maximum_execution_time in the C:\UwAmp\bin\php\php-5.4.15\uwamp_php.ini file to get the install to run to completion but it did make all the zzz tables ok and produces a log of all the actions.
However, opening the index.php file in the browser gives me a couple of warnings about these two vars being blank:
$i = $_GET['i'];
$h = $_SESSION['home'];
and when I log in with globeadmin and the password I set in the config, nothing happens. This is going to be something stupid I know. I'll try to debug a bit more tomorrow but thanks for the heads up.

Regards
John
Nurb432

Unread post by Nurb432 »

For what its worth, i propped up a LAMP turnkey VM this morning at work and copied 'pro' over to a sub directory.. changed the config to point a fresh DB and it fired right up.

I haven't done anything with it, other than get to the builder pages.
nuGent

Unread post by nuGent »

Thanks to both.

My problem was stupid; I had error messages turned on and this stopped the main interface appearing.

After having a good play, I was surprised to find that nuBuilder doesn't auto-build a basic edit form and I found it tedious to have to specify each control individually and find them in the cluttered objects list. It would be really useful if the A2N code was modified to work for nuBuilderPro - that might have been a good starting point for my needs and would have saved me hours.

Cheers
John
Nurb432

Unread post by Nurb432 »

Well, that explains why i wasn't able to find the wizard. I figured it was just me and i was blind or something.. Added a object manually and it showed on the form.. :)

Will sit down this weekend and try to make something happen with it. ( The next trick will be working with images, and determining the user so i can vary the queries based on who is logged in at the time )

Oh, and per your 'question' above... $nuConfigtitle in the config is the title of the app.. you see it when you get the log in dialog. ( and i'm sure used elsewhere too )

nuGent wrote:Thanks to both.

My problem was stupid; I had error messages turned on and this stopped the main interface appearing.

After having a good play, I was surprised to find that nuBuilder doesn't auto-build a basic edit form and I found it tedious to have to specify each control individually and find them in the cluttered objects list. It would be really useful if the A2N code was modified to work for nuBuilderPro - that might have been a good starting point for my needs and would have saved me hours.

Cheers
John
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Hi all,
I found a small bug that prevented me from accessing a new nuBuilderPro application.
In config.php file - line 3:

Code: Select all

// Before:
   $nuConfigBHost                  = "127.0.0.1";

// After:
   $nuConfigDBHost                 = "127.0.0.1";
I fixed as above and all seems to work fine.
Excellent! The new version goes super fast!

Max
Nurb432

Unread post by Nurb432 »

Ok so i had some more time to play this weekend and things are looking good, even without the form wizard..

One question tho: Did we lose the file object type, or will it come back before the final is related? Not having file uploads is a bad thing for me personally. ( i assume i can do it via code, but was hoping not to have to go to that level )
zazzium

Unread post by zazzium »

Nurb432 wrote:Ok so i had some more time to play this weekend and things are looking good, even without the form wizard..

One question tho: Did we lose the file object type, or will it come back before the final is related? Not having file uploads is a bad thing for me personally. ( i assume i can do it via code, but was hoping not to have to go to that level )
i don't think it's good idea to store files to database as BLOB (except for some small images for nuBuilder conf)
elFinder is a file manager which is quite easy to integrate with nubilder
Tobias

Unread post by Tobias »

Do you have some information how to integrate that tool zazzium?
I also would need the file object or some alternative to it.
I use or want to use it to enable my users to add some (little) files like excel etc. as addition to the notes that my users can create for the "normal" entries in my database (products, contacts, etc)
Nurb432

Unread post by Nurb432 »

zazzium wrote:
Nurb432 wrote:Ok so i had some more time to play this weekend and things are looking good, even without the form wizard..

i don't think it's good idea to store files to database as BLOB (except for some small images for nuBuilder conf)
elFinder is a file manager which is quite easy to integrate with nubilder

Tks - I will take a look.

in my case what happens is they upload a ( variable number ) of images, which then need to be displayed on reports and on the screen for history. Specifically they would be taking before and after images of job sites.

Just a side note, at the office we have a custom report runner ( unrelated project ) that stores all previous runs in the database and we have not had problems. My current help-desk system also stores all attachments in the DB. ( previous, stored them on the file system )