Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

New Zip Windows Install - Xampp

SeanO

New Zip Windows Install - Xampp

Unread post by SeanO »

Greetings.

New Windows Install using the Zip download. The instructions are a little vague. Google/Forum search didn't give me what I was looking for.

I use the XAMPP distribution. My installed path is c:\xampp (Apache, MySQL etc)
New projects by default go into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder.

Which folder exactly does nuBuilder go into? Additionally is it its own folder or recursively unzipped?
What steps, in order, to acivate/configure etc nuBuilder.

Many thanks.
SeanO

Re: New Zip Windows Install - Xampp

Unread post by SeanO »

Hi all. Just expanding on the above as haven't had any response yet and am really keen to try out nuBuilder.

I am making the transition, as a coder, from client/server (windows) environment, to database driven web sites. All the research I've done, points me to PHP and code generation for the CRUD aspects. So, this means that there is a fair bit I do not know or have not come across yet.

I am using XAMPP on Windows. No interest in replacing it with a different package.

Downloaded and installed Sandboxie. Downloaded the self extracting installer - which comes with the uwamp I don't need.

Checked where and how nuBuilder was installed. It is - as the readme file in the ZIP version says - in the WWW folder. XAMPP does not use the WWW folder. If the WWW folder is meant to be where the generated files - or other website projects reside, then the equivalent under XAMPP is drive:\xampp\htdocs

What I'm after here, please, is help to understand what is trying to be achieved with where the default install should be. The installation instructions in the zip file do not cater to this particular config as I've just explained. Additionally being new to this type of programming setup, I'm not able to second guess very effectively, currently.

The only previous code generator I've tried to-date was a trial of a well advertised, commercial system which was a little overkill. It was also a little limited in responding to changes to the SQL db (adding, ordering etc). It installed and worked well.

I would like to give nuBuilder a real go. Loved the video and the over riding development attitude which went with it. "Keep it simple and produce what needs be produced - not fluff"

Thanks in advance. Sean
zazzium

Unread post by zazzium »

Hi,
if u have XAMPP you dont need the install packet.
just download the nuBuilder itself

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nubuild ... der-2.8.1/
(nubuilder-v2.8.1-12.12.19-Build554.zip)

drive:\xampp\htdocs is the right place. Unzip nuBuilder (drive:\xampp\htdocs\nubuilder)

go to phpMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin/) and import the sample.sql file.
Or make a new database and copy the sample.sql table structure and paste it to phpMyAdmin SQL tab

in the nuBuilder folder db/sample/config.php set the mysql connection

Code: Select all

$DBHost                 = "127.0.0.1"; //or localhost
$DBName                 = "sample"; //database name
$DBUser                 = "sample"; //mysql username (default root)
$DBPassword             = "samplepass"; //mysql password
$DBGlobeadminPassword   = "sampleglobeadmin"; //nubuilder admin password 
when everything is ok
open the browser and go to http://localhost/nubuilder/db/sample
and login
username: globeadmin
password: sampleglobeadmin

hope it helps
SeanO

Unread post by SeanO »

Many thanks zazzium :)

Really appreciate your detailed response. Getting onto it now.

Cheers,
Sean
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »