Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Installation -

marlinmagic

Installation -

Unread post by marlinmagic »

Hello;

Ive installed Nubuilder with Uamp ?
Im able to see the samples.
So what now ?
How do I start building a new application ?
Is there a login page for administrator ?
If we create our database with my sql how do we develop using nuBuilder ?

Please advice ...

regards,
Marlinmagic
massiws

Re: Installation -

Unread post by massiws »

Marlinmagic,
before to start building your application I suggest you take a look at wiki pages; you can also find useful information at these video tutorials.

In short, you must:
  • create your database with phpmyadmin or something else (here some suggestion on naming convention);
  • import the sample.sql file in the database you just created, after commenting out first 4 lines: this will provide all necessary system tables (see INSTALL.txt or this wiki page for more instructions);
  • customize the db/your_app_name/config.php file with your DB parameters (see here);
  • create your forms using nuBuilder Form Wizard (see here)
Hope this helps,
Max
jlittle984

Unread post by jlittle984 »

So - following the directions laid out above - I have created a duplicate of the sample directory in nubuilder/db and renamed it to service (I'm working on a service record database). so I have directory structure of nubuilder/db/service/

I have a database named nuBuilder set up in phpMyAdmin - it has one lonely table in it just there to test nuBuilder installation - which is currently failing...

After creating the 3rd (new) directory - when I open a browser to the main nuBuilder directory, it still only gives me the option to log into:

Login to Sample
Login to Sample nuFinancial

Should it see the additional directory I made, or do I need to alter another config file?

When I browse directly to the nubuilder/db/service/ directory - the one I created - I get a login screen that still says I'm logging into Sample and I'm getting Apache2 errors.

Here is my config.php file in the nubuilder/db/service/
<?php

$DBHost = "127.0.0.1";
$DBName = "nuBuilder";
$DBUser = "root";
$DBPassword = "xxxx";
$DBGlobeadminPassword = "xxxx";
//$DBSiteGlobeadminPasswordOnly = true;

$_SESSION['nu_search_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_add_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_print_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_save_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_clone_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_close_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_sfo_delete_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_delete_yes_title'] = '';
$_SESSION['nu_delete_no_title'] = '';

?>

Here are the errors in my Apache2 Log file:

[Fri Oct 25 16:50:11 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_
object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/ser
vice/nubuilder/productionnu2/dbfunctions.php on line 74, referer: http://localho
st/service/nubuilder/db/service/

[Fri Oct 25 16:50:11 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined ind
ex: hasFailed in /var/www/service/nubuilder/productionnu2/dbfunctions.php on lin
e 96, referer: http://localhost/service/nubuilder/db/service/

[Fri Oct 25 16:50:11 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_
object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/ser
vice/nubuilder/productionnu2/dbfunctions.php on line 74, referer: http://localho
st/service/nubuilder/db/service/

Here are my system specs on pretty much a fresh install. I have only modded the config.php

Trying to use it on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Linux.

Apache2 webserver
PHP Version 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.8
Server version: 5.5.34-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

Whats with the invalid MySQL result resources?

Any help would be much appreciated!
jlittle984

Ok-so I finally got this working. For any new users struggling with installation-my Apache errors were caused by not having some necessary tables in my Database. You really need to go through the process of setting up/ importing the sample db and working from that

Import the db file called "sample.sql" from the nuBuilder root directory using pgpMyAdmin import function. This worked fine for sample.sql -somehow my phpMyAdmin is currently limiting file uploads to 2MB which is preventing me from uploading the nuFinancial DB but I'll troubleshoot that and maybe post an update on this thread.

From the creating a new site part of the wiki:
https://www.nubuilder.net/install.php

nuBuilder requires several pre-populated tables to exist in the database for the system to work. Each of these tables is prefixed with zzsys_. A blank nuBuilder site called 'sample' is included in all downloads of nuBuilder, this contains all of the required tables.

This was the nugget I was missing by trying to set up a new db without first getting the sample db imported and then perhaps duplicating/renaming to start a new custom db. My aha moment. My sequence was wrong-I was trying to get my database to work/connect without the necessary tables.

Hope this might help anyone with install challenges.

Good times!
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

jlittle984,
to get more help using nuBuilder, you could: Hope this helps,
Max
jlittle984

Thanks for a very nonspecific answer to a specific question I asked and then answered myself. :)

Just working through some setup issues and wanted to share with community in case anyone else out there has their head as far up their a$$ as I do.

Cheers!
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

jlittle984,
sorry, I sometimes take for granted steps that are, instead, fundamental!

In my previous post I missed an important step: after creating your database and before adding your own tables, you must import the file sample.sql in the database you just created, after removing the first 4 lines.

However, in INSTALL.txt file (in nuBuilder folder) and on (wiki installation page) is explained how to start using the sample database:
nuBuilder wiki wrote:STEP TWO - INSTALL NUBUILDER
Import the sample site database into MySQL. This will create a database and user named `sample'.

# mysql -uroot -pMYSQL ROOT PASSWORD < YOUR WEB ROOT/sample.sql
I correct my first post for future users.

Max