Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Multiple Browse Form

arvind.acharya

Multiple Browse Form

Unread post by arvind.acharya »

I have installed nuBuilder and have successfully tested it. Enjoying nuBuilder. I have following question.

I want to display multiple browse forms.

First Browse Screen: Details about "Artist" from Artist table

Second Browse Screen: Details about "Album" under that artist(Note: I don't want to use Sub-form).

Third Screen: Details about song under the artist. This can be used as sub form where i can edit song details.

I have three tables created with relation ship.
massiws

Re: Multiple Browse Form

Unread post by massiws »

arvind.acharya,
arvind.acharya wrote:Second Browse Screen: Details about "Album" under that artist(Note: I don't want to use Sub-form).
Sorry, but you can't do this: for 1:n relations nuBuilder require a subform.
if you do not want to use a subform, how would you handle the relationship Artist-Album? Is this a 1:n or n:m relation?

Assuming relation to be 1:n -> Artist-Album and 1:n -> Album-Song, one way I suggest could be:
  • create a form to display Artist table;
  • on Edit Screen of Artist form you can build two tabs: one tab with Artist's details (you need this to insert/edit functions on Artist records) and another tab with a mashed-subform object displaying Album form related to that artist;
  • on Edit Screen of Album forms you can show Album's details and a subform to display songs related to that Album with a lookup object to select/store the Song
Hope this make sense,
Max