Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Form Wizard Button gets error

JohnKlassen

Form Wizard Button gets error

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Max,

As you suggested I am opening a new post for this issue. I had originally added this information to the end of a post called, “Different results for date routine on web compared to local” in the ‘Report Writer’ section. I will describe the problem again and also respond to your questions that you had in that post. I am using Build 554.

First of all, I have created an application for my user which she has been using for about 5 months. The application uses 7 tables and a number of forms and quite a few reports. I decided to create a new table and form where the user could enter in a date range or a unit number. (You may remember that their internet provider has problems with pop-up forms to enter that information so I decided to use a table and form to enter the values for the parameters.)

I created a table called, ‘parms’ with the following fields:

Code: Select all

parms_id                  varchar(15) – primary key
	parms_unit               varchar(6)
	parms_from_date     date
	parms_to_date         date
I created a load data script similar to other working load data scripts and loaded one row with the primary key, ‘unit’, ‘from date’ and ‘to date’. I went into phpMyAdmin and looked at the data in the table and it looks good.

I then wanted to build a form based on the parms table. When I go to the Setup tab and click on the ‘Form Wizard’ button, I immediately get a SQL error that says,
'SHOW COLUMNS FROM `a___nu151e36e1b9492d___`'.

When I enter this SQL into phpMyAdmin, it says that the table ‘nu151e36e1b9492d ‘ does not exist. I have used the Form Wizard before to create forms but this time I do not even get to the screen that allows me to choose a table. The ‘error reference’ that I am supposed to give you changes each time I click on the ‘Form Wizard’ button.

As I mentioned earlier, the application has been in production for months so it has been a long time since I have used the ‘Form Wizard’. Therefore I don’t know if this problem has been there for a long time.

What is the best way to debug this problem?

Thanks,

John Klassen
massiws

Re: Form Wizard Button gets error

Unread post by massiws »

John, this is strange: assuming that Form Wizard previously was working right and you haven't changed nuBuilder source code, maybe something is corrupted in your DB.

Try this in phpmyadmin and post here the results:
  • to get the PK of the table needed to build the Wizard Form (default should be '14c8dc4aec9b4f'):

SELECT sat_all_zzsys_form_id FROM zzsys_activity WHERE zzsys_activity_id = '14c8dc47abd6e9'
  • be sure zzsys_form table contains the Form Wizard record:

SELECT * FROM `zzsys_form` WHERE `zzsys_form_id` = '14c8dc4aec9b4f'
    if this SQL return nothing, you must restore this record from original sample DB (you can export only one record from zzsys_form table in sample DB and import it in your DB);
  • be sure zzsys_object contains all objects needed to build Form Wizard form

SELECT *ì FROM `zzsys_object` WHERE `sob_zzsys_form_id` = '14c8dc4aec9b4f'
    this should display 10 rows, the objects on Form Wizard (you can also restore these records from zzsys_object table in original sample DB).
JohnKlassen

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Max,

I ran the 3 queries that you posted.

Query 1 returned '14c8dc4aec9b4f' instead of '14c8dc4aec9b4f'.

The second query shows that form wizard is in the zzsys_form table.

phpMyAdmin didn't like *i in the SQL but when I selected everything, it returned 10 rows.

Since I dropped the entire data base and restored it from a backup of production, I think I fixed the problem.

I appreciate the information. I always learn from your responses.

John Klassen
massiws

Unread post by massiws »