Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Newbie. Some doubts

Giu

Newbie. Some doubts

Unread post by Giu »

Hi all,

Researching for our new projects, recently I discovered this tool. I think I knew before, but I don't see it because MySQL was a requeriment, but I see new version can work with other RDBMS.

First of all, Congratulations to main dev team. Looks a fantastic enviroment. Seems like complete complex application could be developed on it.

I downloaded nuBuilder2, and nuBuilderPro from github to take a look.

But I have some doubts I would like to know if it's possible.
- One of the things our new project needs, is a POS (Point of Sale) interface for Pubs. This kind of "windows" require to work with more than one table at the same time (ex: Tickets table, departments, products, and so on...) and interface shouyld be change using ajax (when a product is introduce it to a ticket, when department change, products of this department should be show, and so on...) This can be done?

- Dev collaboration. As far as I understand all coe is stored on database. How multiple developers can work on same project? I mean, having nuBuilder descentraliced. I like to work local because I'm always moving.

- How visual interface can be changed to use my logo and colors, and to use customers logos an colors? (branding)

- Howto update an application at customer installation?

I think it's all.
Giu

Re: Newbie. Some doubts

Unread post by Giu »

1.- Seems like not possible. i guess the way to go is to develop an external interface (or application) working over the same database.
2.- The only way I see on this is to export system nuBuilder tables and merging at demand.
3.- I saw it on System Config, and CSS for style.
4.- I guess, exporting from DEV just zz tables and replacing on customer DB.

Regards.
massiws

Re: Newbie. Some doubts

Unread post by massiws »

Giu,
1 - if your tables are related, nuBuilder can manage a form for primary table and subforms for related tables. You may have forms displayed on the same window, on different tabs or, if you want, on many windows opened. All you need are lookups and subforms objects (and few lines of code). Custom code (JS or PHP) can be implemented directly in nuBuilder forms > Custom Code or in external script if you need AJAX.
2 - you are right.
3 - in Setup > Image you can select an image to show on the top of nuBuilder forms; you can also edit index.php and/or use an iframe.
4 - yes, that's all you have to do!

Hope this helps,
Max