Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Can I run versions 2 and 3 on the same computer?

JohnKlassen

Can I run versions 2 and 3 on the same computer?

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Steven,

Version 3.0 looks great. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Is it possible to run versions 2 and 3 on the same computer. That is, to continue to develop my app using version 2 and meanwhile install version 3 to practice with another app? If yes, how do I do it?

If not, I assume that once I upgrade my application to version 3, there is no turning back. Is that right?

Thanks,

John Klassen
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Can I run versions 2 and 3 on the same computer?

Unread post by admin »

Yes you can have them on the same computer, each copy of nuBuilder/nuBuilderPro can live in a separate folder in your webroot. Thereby having as many copies/sites of nuBuilderPro as you like.

Upgrading from v2.0 to nuBuilderPro is not possible in any automated way. You have to manually re-develop into the new version. Unless you make a script to do it. This is an opensource project so that kind of contribution would be welcomed.

The nuinstall.php script in nuBuilderPro is only used in creating and updating nuBuilderPro sites. At the moment we are regularly committing updates to GitHub, so each time you do a github-pull into one of your sites, you should also run the nuinstall.php.
Giu

Unread post by Giu »

admin wrote:Yes you can have them on the same computer, each copy of nuBuilder/nuBuilderPro can live in a separate folder in your webroot. Thereby having as many copies/sites of nuBuilderPro as you like.

Upgrading from v2.0 to nuBuilderPro is not possible in any automated way. You have to manually re-develop into the new version. Unless you make a script to do it. This is an opensource project so that kind of contribution would be welcomed.

The nuinstall.php script in nuBuilderPro is only used in creating and updating nuBuilderPro sites. At the moment we are regularly committing updates to GitHub, so each time you do a github-pull into one of your sites, you should also run the nuinstall.php.
Is not shared nuBuilder core now between sites? To create a new site, we have to duplicate entire nuBuilder core?
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Giu,

We haven't made this a priority because of our resources and there are too many improvements to Pro to create an automatic upgrade, BUT, you can have both version's tables in the same db because version 2 system files have 2 zs eg. zzsys_form and Pro has 3 (zzzsys_form).

So you can migrate slowly knowing your custom tables are always up to date.

Steven
Giu

Unread post by Giu »

Sorry, I didn't explained correctly.

What I mean is, in nuBuilder 2,one core installation of nuBuildrr can hold many sites (each one with its own subfolder on db folder)

What I try yo say, is if this way of have multiple sites is lost, and now nuBuilder complete folder must be copied for each site.

Regards.
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Giu,

Yes each database has a copy of nuBuilderPro.

Steven