Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

How do I use the Extra Button on a form to call another form

JohnKlassen

How do I use the Extra Button on a form to call another form

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to use an ‘Extra Action Button’ on one form to call another form.

I have a form called ‘Projects’ where the user enters a ‘Project Name’ and then selects a ’vendor’ from a look-up table. After the project information is saved, the user can click on the ‘Project Awarded’ button at the top of the form.
Projects form with Project Awarded button
Projects form with Project Awarded button
Project form with Project Awarded button.png (43.2 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
I want to get that ‘Project Awarded’ button to bring up the ‘Project Awarded’ form below and select the data from another table using the project name and vendor entered in the projects form.
Project Awarded form with project and vendor
Project Awarded form with project and vendor
Project Awarded form with project and vendor.png (14.63 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
What do I need to put into the code for the ‘Extra Action Button’?
Project Awarded Extra Button Code
Project Awarded Extra Button Code
Project Awarded Extra Button.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
What do I need to put in the SQL for the ‘Project Awarded’ form to select data for the project and vendor selected in the ‘Project’ form?
SQL for Project Awarded form
SQL for Project Awarded form
SQL for Project Awarded form.png (16.58 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
I would also be interested if there is a better way to have one form call another form and select the above data

Thanks,

John Klassen
massiws

Re: How do I use the Extra Button on a form to call another

Unread post by massiws »

John,
I think you first should define relations between Project, Project Awarded and Vendor tables, and second create the application; relation 1:n or n:m are managed by subform objects.
JohnKlassen wrote:I would also be interested if there is a better way to have one form call another form and select the above data
You can use cookies to temporary store parameters to pass from one form to another: have a look at this post.

Max
JohnKlassen

Unread post by JohnKlassen »

Max,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It will take a while for me to understand it and make it work for me. I will get back to you.

Thanks,

John
Tinka

Unread post by Tinka »

Hi John and Max

I am interested in solving exactly the same problem, and would appreciate if you could post any solutions you come up with.
There could be some general examples in the documentation (or live demo) on how to use forms, subforms, call other forms, link tables and n:m relations and the sql for it, update other fields and cookies.

Thanks!
Tinka
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

Tinka,
your question seems too general: it could take some days to explain all what you are asking for!
Doesn't this db gave you more detailed answers?

Subform objects are designed to manage relation between tables: here and here two video on how you can use them.

I suggest to face one problem at time:
  1. create some forms and insert some records;
  2. explore nuBuilder objects one at time: first text objects, then dropdown, then lookup an then subform object. For each of them read documentation, follow videos and search on this forum.
If you are new to nuBuilder I suggest to consider the new version nuBuilderPro (Wiki, Videos and forum).

Hope this helps,
Max
Tinka

Unread post by Tinka »

Ok, thank you, I have digged the documentation, videos, forum and sample db, but still need help with a specific problem that relates to this post.

I will try to explain in a new thread.

Tinka
massiws

Unread post by massiws »