Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Can only drag and drop last control in form design

nuGent

Can only drag and drop last control in form design

Unread post by nuGent »

The other related topic is locked for some reason...

One for the snagging list? When I enable drag & drop and hover over the last control's caption it changes to red and can be moved, but this doesn't happen on the other controls.

In due course it would be good to have some help with either a 'snap to grid' option or some simple alignment guides. Making very small adjustments with the mouse is very slow and tiring on the forearm muscles.

My first impressions of nuBuilderPro are very promising and I think I can get the backend of a cross platform solution off the ground quite quickly. I have given up with a local installation using xampp (knackered and way too slow) and installed nuBuilderPro on my shared host.

Regards
John
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Can only drag and drop last control in form design

Unread post by admin »

John,

Have you watched any viedos that explain dragging and dropping?

Can you include a screen capture here to help explain?

Steven
nuGent

Unread post by nuGent »

Thanks Steven

I think I have found the confusion: after clicking on the 'drag objects' icon in the status bar, the label for the last control on the form goes red on hover and can be dragged. One might expect this to be repeatable on the other controls but it isn't. Also, removing the last control (eg after deleting a subform) stops this anomaly.

You have to click the 'drag objects' icon, then hold down the shift key, then double-click a label to detach it from the form and so it can be dragged.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

nuGent,

Browse, Subform and iFrame Object titles will always go red if the icon in the status bar is red. That is because they have left and top coordinates.

When a double clicked Object is moved to the top left it too is given coordinates.

Any Objects with coordinates can be dragged.

Steven