Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Minimum Requirements for V3.0

joseggarza

Minimum Requirements for V3.0

Unread post by joseggarza »

What are the minimum requirement for v3.0? I tried to install it @ work and it did not work for me, I got a blank page after login but it worked at home in my laptop. What version of PHP o I need? are there any other requirements to think of besides PHP?
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Minimum Requirements for V3.0

Unread post by admin »

joseggarza

Hi Steven,

I am sorry, but your link does not say anything about the minimum requirements for V3.

I just need to know if nuBuilder V3.0 will work on PHP 5.4 or 5.3 or PHP 5.5.9?

or may be I need php 4....

JG
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

JG,

We use PHP 5.3.3

Steven
ckurlinski

Unread post by ckurlinski »

Jose,
I was getting the same thing until I did the following. It had nothing to do with the PHP version, I'm using PHP 5.4.25.

In C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\my.ini I changed
character-set-server = utf8
to
character-set-server = latin1

and removed the value after
sql-mode =

Try that and see if it makes a difference.
joseggarza

ckurlinski wrote:Jose,
I was getting the same thing until I did the following. It had nothing to do with the PHP version, I'm using PHP 5.4.25.

In C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\my.ini I changed
character-set-server = utf8
to
character-set-server = latin1

and removed the value after
sql-mode =

Try that and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for your reply....

I tried, but it just does not work..... At home I have XAMPP Version 1.8.2. and is working fine. At work I removed my xampp 1.8.3 and installed 1.8.2 and I check for the character-set server parameter and is Hashed
The default SQL mode is empty (no modes set).

and still not working. I ran out of ideas. any other ideas?
ckurlinski

Unread post by ckurlinski »

I found mine by using MySQL Workbench, accessing the mysql instance of the working one and going to Server then Status and System Variables and pasted that to a document. I then did the same thing on the one that didn't work and compared the two. After changing and restarting the MySQL service I dropped the entire database I was using and started from scratch. The new database was created with latin1_swedish_ci collation because I saw that the sample database in the UwAMP distribution of 2.8.1 used that and 3.0 worked in that distro also.
DavidMann

Unread post by DavidMann »

There are several threads on this forum talking about problems with installation. I am running Apache 2.2 on Windows 7 with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.3. I am having no problems with my basic setup. Like so many posters on this forum, I managed to create a database using the nuinstall.php script but when I try to login from index.php I just got a blank screen. I followed advice about displaying errors and I now get a screen full of notices like this

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$set_time_out_minutes in C:\
followed by the path to the relevant file such as nudatabase.php, nucommon.php etc

I tried checking the collation on the database, but the SQL file provided specifies DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 for all the tables, and the database I created is using the utf8 default collation. I'm afraid I can't even get started with your product. Why are there so many problems with a basic thing like installation?
massiws

Unread post by massiws »

DavidMann,
look at your PHP settings in php.ini file: you should set display_errors = Off (see here).

Max