Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

How to upgrade nuBuilderPro?

Tinka

How to upgrade nuBuilderPro?

Unread post by Tinka »

I want to use the latest releases of NuBuilder Pro - how do I upgrade from the github without breaking existing installations/tables? I can't find any information in the documentation about this - maybe because it is obvious how to do the upgrades- but I am uncertain of it. Do I just copy the installation files to my webserver but not the system tables? Do I have to run installation.php again and reconfigure config.php?

Please, provide this information.

Tinka
shane

Re: How to upgrade nuBuilderPro?

Unread post by shane »

The first thing you should always do is make a copy of your mysql database and installation folder of nuBuilderPro before you proceed.

Then download the latest copy of nuBuilder into your current nuBuilder installation folder. However you do not need to override the config.php file.

Then go to your web browser and go to http://{yourwebserver}/nubuilder/nuinstall.php
Run the nuinstall.php file, it will require your globeadmin passsword.

The nuinstall.php script will make sure that your nuBuilder database has all of the correct schema information. If it is a blank database it will create the correct information otherwise it will just update the database.
Tinka

Unread post by Tinka »

Thank you for info.
I am using GitHub for Windows and it works well. Also, the compare function of Notepad++ comes in handy, to merge any custom changes to eg. nucommon.js (login screen).

Tinka
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »