Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Edit report that has been saved but is not in list

WRBailey

Edit report that has been saved but is not in list

Unread post by WRBailey »

I have created my first report without creating a criteria form. So, it does not show up on the list of reports to run. After reading some forum entries I think I can make a button to launch the form, but the form needs more work.

Q 1) How do I edit the form or even delete it and create a new one that is editable?

Q 2) Once I create and specify a criteria form will I be able to edit the report? Of course, I can't do this until I get the answer to Q 1.
A 2) NO! I have created and set the criteria form in the zzzsys_report record. Now the report appears in the Run Report list. It still does not show on the Reports list. So, I still don't know how to edit it. Additionally I not sure removing the zzzsys_report entry actually deletes the report. I think zzzsys_report only holds the header record for reports. So, I have a Q 3).

Q 3) After deleting the zzzsys_report record for a report aren't there still report detail records to get rid of? How do I do that?

Also, when you go to run a report and then decide against it, there is no home button. I guess you have to close the window and start nuBuilder again. This doesn't seem right.

Thanks in advance for any help.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Edit report that has been saved but is not in list

Unread post by admin »

WR,

Does the report in question appear in the list for 'Add Reports'?

Steven
WRBailey

No. That list is empty. It's the list that comes up when I click on Reports. It has no entries even though I now have 2 reports that show up when I click on Run Report. I can run the reports. I know they are in there somewhere.

I'm assuming my report should show up on the the list I get when I click on Reports; and that when I click on my report it will let me work on the report with the builder again; but there's nothing there to click on.

Thanks for asking about the problem.

What's next?

Bill
WRBailey

I went to the video tutorials and located what I needed to do. I needed to provide a PHP routine. With the PHP code name entered in the Report Edit Form, the report now shows up on the list. I don't have any toruble with doing this, but allowing the SQL statement to be entered on the Add Report Edit Form implies that having separately saved PHP code is not necessary; and there is no warning to tell you it's needed.

So, this is now a bug report instead of a plea for help.

Hope this helps improve the product.

Thanks you.

Bill Bailey
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

Bill,

I don't know what you are talking about. You dont need the PHP if you have the SQL.

eg.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (43.98 KiB) Viewed 9962 times
Steven
jkdev

Unread post by jkdev »

Steven,
Refering to above post by you, I tried creating a blank form (form with no objects) and assigned it to Report but then hit the error when I Run Report.

Code: Select all

===USER==========

globeadmin

===PDO MESSAGE=== 

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE  = '53f7a39150d01f8'' at line 1

===SQL=========== 

SELECT * FROM  WHERE  = ? 

===BACK TRACE====

/var/www/alu/nucommon.php - line 503 (nuRunQuery)

/var/www/alu/nucommon.php - line 461 (nuRecordArray)

/var/www/alu/nuapi.php - line 16 (nuHashData)
53f7a39150d01f8 is the record id from zzzsys_report.

My observation was that the form needs a minimum of ONE object (can be anything).
admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin »

jkdev,

What Object are you using, it looks like nuBuilder can't find what the Table or Primary Key name is.

Steven