Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

How do you edit Report Layout

jkdev

How do you edit Report Layout

Unread post by jkdev »

My question may appear to be primitive, but with all my attempts I have not been able to figure out how to edit a Report Layout built using the Report Builder.

I created a my first test report and the report can be run. PDF generates. Works ok.

But then I want to go back and play with the Report Layout. When I click the Report Builder, previous objects are not shown.

I see the following layout code in table zzzsys_report

Code: Select all

{"top":30,"left":30,"bottom":260,"right":30,"width":210,"height":297,"paper":"A4","orientation":"P","groups":[{"sortField":"Detail","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":40,"label":"Detail Header","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[{"id":"object1001","group":0,"section":0,"objectType":"field","left":68,"top":3,"height":20,"width":100,"backgroundColor":"white","borderColor":"black","borderWidth":0,"fieldName":"site_siteid","fontColor":"black","fontFamily":"Arial","fontSize":14,"fontWeight":"","format":"","textAlign":"left","image":"","zIndex":100,"minRows":0,"maxRows":0,"selected":0,"name":"object1001"},{"id":"object1002","group":0,"section":0,"objectType":"field","left":182,"top":4,"height":20,"width":100,"backgroundColor":"white","borderColor":"black","borderWidth":0,"fieldName":"site_town","fontColor":"black","fontFamily":"Arial","fontSize":14,"fontWeight":"","format":"","textAlign":"left","image":"","zIndex":101,"minRows":0,"maxRows":0,"selected":1,"toselect":0,"name":"object1002"}]}]},{"sortField":"Report","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":30,"height":40,"label":"Report Header","page_break":0,"margins":2,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":190,"height":40,"label":"Report Footer","page_break":0,"margins":10,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"Page","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":70,"height":40,"label":"Page Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":40,"label":"Page Footer","page_break":0,"margins":8,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]},{"sortField":"","sortBy":"a","sections":[{"id":"","top":110,"height":0,"label":" Header","page_break":0,"margins":4,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]},{"id":"","top":150,"height":0,"label":" Footer","page_break":0,"margins":6,"color":"#FFFFFF","objects":[]}]}],"currentGroup":0}
The objects that I have added are there.

But I do not see them when I click Report Builder button.
jkdev

Re: How do you edit Report Layout

Unread post by jkdev »

Digging in to code I found this in nureportbuilder.php

function nuLoadReport(){

if(window.opener){
        if(String(window.opener.document.getElementById('sre_layout').value) == ''){return;}              //-- nothing to load
    }else{
        return;
    }

var report                                             = $.parseJSON(window.opener.sre_layout.value);
    window.REPORT                                          = new nuREPORT();
    window.REPORT.top                                      = report.top;
    window.REPORT.left                                     = report.left;
    window.REPORT.bottom                                   = report.bottom;
    window.REPORT.right                                    = report.right;
    window.REPORT.width                                    = report.width;
    window.REPORT.height                                   = report.height;
    window.REPORT.paper                                    = report.paper;
    window.REPORT.orientation                              = report.orientation;
    nuChangeWidth(REPORT.width)
Can somebody explain how the sre_layout get passed on to this function?
jkdev

Unread post by jkdev »

After inserting some debug commands I found that the code fails at the following line. The sre_layout field from the database gets correctly passed in to window.opener.document.getElementById('sre_layout').value.

var report                                             = $.parseJSON(window.opener.sre_layout.value);
I tried changing it to

var report                                             = $.parseJSON(window.opener.getElementById('sre_layout').value);
but no progress.

Can somebody help me to troubleshoot from this point onwards as I am not an expert in Javascript and specially the jquery library?
jkdev

Unread post by jkdev »

Finally I found the problem.

When the string 'sre_layout' os passed in to function parseJSON directly the execution fails.

When you assign the same to a variable and use variable in parseJSON it works.

I added some check to trap errors also.

try {
    var testdata;
    testdata=window.opener.document.getElementById('sre_layout').value;

var report = $.parseJSON(testdata);
} catch (e) {
// error
  alert("error! ... in JSON string");
  return;
}

admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

jkdev,

I can look at the problem if you can send me your database.

BTW what browser are you using?

Steven
jkdev

Unread post by jkdev »

Thanks Steven.

I used Firefox 18.0.1 on Win 7 and Firefox 10.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.4.

Did not bother to check other browsers once I found a workaround.

I will send you the data base later for your analysis.

I wonder whether the browser's inbuilt JSON library is being used rather than JQuery's which gives these abnormal behavior.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »