Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Identify Subform record After Save

israelwebdev

Identify Subform record After Save

Unread post by israelwebdev »

I'm writing code to add a new Customer "Lookup" in a subform if a Last Name is provided instead of a CustomerID from the Lookup.
My problem is that I don't know how to reference the subform Primary Key. In the meanwhile, I'm using a user entered semi-unique value RawMICR, but it's not as good as the Primary Key CheckID

Here's the code:

Code: Select all

foreach(nuSubformArray('Checks_subform', false) as $i=>$row){
    $p.=$nuHash[$row.'NewCustomerFirst']."\n";
	if($nuHash[$row.'CustomerID'] == '' && $nuHash[$row.'NewCustomerLast'] != ''){
		if($nuHash[$row.'RawMICR'] != '') {
			$sql1 = "INSERT INTO Customers (CustomerID, cus_number, cus_type, CustomerFirst, CustomerLast,CustomerCountry, ForeignCountry, Active, OFACVerified) VALUES 
						(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, 'ISRAEL', 'USA', '1', '0')";
			$CustomerID = nuID();
			$q1 = nuRunQuery($sql1, array($CustomerID, nuNextNumber('Customer_number'), ($nuHash[$row.'NewCustomerFirst']=='' ? 'Company' : 'Individual'), $nuHash[$row.'NewCustomerFirst'] ,$nuHash[$row.'NewCustomerLast'] ), true);
			$sql2 = "UPDATE Checks SET CustomerID = ? WHERE RawMICR = ? AND TransID = ?";

$search = array ($CustomerID, $nuHash[$row.'RawMICR'],'#RECORD_ID#');
			$r=nuRunQuery($sql2, $search);
			$p.=print_r($r,true).print_r($search,true);
		}
	}
}

1. Is this the right approach?
2. How can I get the subform Primary Key?
3. I tried using the $q1 as returned by using isInsert parameter of nuRunQuery, but it returned 0. Is this an issue with the code, or my setup? Customers does not have its own auto_increment, but uses Customer_number table as advised.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Identify Subform record After Save

Unread post by admin »

israelwebdev,

I would do what you want on After Save.

That way you can loop through all the records as a record set who's Primary Key will be in each row.

Primary Keys for new subform records won't have Primary Keys until then anyway.

Steven