Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Fixed (possibly) PDO SQLI warnings on Install

Tadanori

Fixed (possibly) PDO SQLI warnings on Install

Unread post by Tadanori »

Have modified nuinstall_lib.php to change sql commands to sqli commands. No longer getting the PDO SQLI warnings on running nuinstall.php.

I'm reluctant to post the modification on Github as I'm unable to fully test it. I've not resolved the inactive buttons on the first (Home) page of nuBuilderpro and until I do I can't be sure my changes are without issue. Unfortunately, Admin locked the thread where I was posting my progress (or lack thereof) and removed my last post. Of course s/he has the right to do so but its not in the spirit of a helpful forum. On my last look, that thread had over 150 views before being locked so a fair number were interested. Is there anyone out there that can assist with the inactive buttons on the Home page?

Tad
massiws

Re: Fixed (possibly) PDO SQLI warnings on Install

Unread post by massiws »

Tadanori,
in nuBuilderPro all the old mysql_* functions are been replaced with the new PDO-MYSQL functions; all except nuinstall_lib.php file (I think only for lack of time).
This may creates some problems if you are running nuBuilderPro with PHP-5.4 or PHP-5.5.

If you want contribute you can upgrade nuinstall_lib.php file and post (on github or in this forum) your changes.

About your problem (inactive buttons on the Home page) I suggest to use the last build and set display_errors = Off in php.ini (see here).

Hope this helps,
Max
Tadanori

Unread post by Tadanori »

Max,
Many thanks for your help. Its working!

I 'thought' I had previously followed your advice while looking for a fix. I checked I was modifying the correct version of php.ini and it still didn't work. However, I missed something that turned out to be the answer.

Despite modifying php.ini it didn't work using WAMP and PHP 5.5.12.

I missed the dropdown menu from the PHP Settings menu where you can tick or untick various settings including 'display errors' etc.
Even though the php.ini file contained 'display error = Off and 'display startup error = Off, that was not enough.
I needed to untick the 'display error' and 'display startup error' on the drop down menu as well.

Thanks for making me re-examine the process. Once I test my database using my modified PDO SQLi commands and am happy it doesn't cause nuBuilderpro to fall over, I'll post it on Github.

Tad
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »