Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Failure to connect during install

diveguy

Failure to connect during install

Unread post by diveguy »

I get errors connecting to my db (on a remote host) when trying to setup nubuilder.
I am able to mysqlcheck using the same credentials from the command line on the web server, and the config info that it prints when I try to access http://myserver.com/nubuilder/nuinstall.php is all correct.

Here is where is gets confusing: if I go through nuinstall_lib.php and manually replace the $DBvars read from config.php with string literals like this:

Code: Select all

//$con = mysql_connect($DBHost,$DBUserID,$DBPassWord);
$con = mysql_connect("db.myhostnameisreallylong.com","userName","p4ssw0rd!!");
//$sdb = mysql_select_db($DBName,$con);
$sdb = mysql_select_db("myDatabase",$con);
Then is works fine. I have limited knowledge of AMP specifically, so I am prepared to accept that this is just a stupid oversight on my part, but for the life of my, I can't figure out whats going on here. Does anyone have any insights? I tried escaping (\!\!) the exclamation points in the password, but that didn't help.

Code: Select all

diveguy@p3nlhftpg017 nuBuilder :) $ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.77, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.1
diveguy@p3nlhftpg017 nuBuilder :) $ uname -a
Linux p3nlhftpg017.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.18-402.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Feb 10 18:29:18 EST 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
diveguy@p3nlhftpg017 nuBuilder :) $ php-config --version
diveguy@p3nlhftpg017 nuBuilder :) $
diveguy

RESOLVED: Failure to connect during install

Unread post by diveguy »

A fresh copy of nuBuilder unzipped on the server cured the problem. I can't be too sure why that worked, either me or gzip must have corrupted something.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Failure to connect during install

Unread post by admin »