Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

database error on install

kimp

database error on install

Unread post by kimp »

Hello,
I ran the install script after setting up the config.php file.

After short delay there is an error message mostly hidden behind the login box (that I cannot drag away with the mouse) which states:
"Could not select database"

12 template_zzzsys_xxxxx tables are created in the database that I can see with phpMyAdmin.

Even though I select 'Show full output', I am not able to get php errors displayed probably as I don't have access on the server to:
/usr/local/Zend_php5/etc/php.ini which I read one must change to get php errors displayed.

My question is what is the role or purpose of the 'globeadmin' user?
I set the password for 'globeadmin' to "nu" (or can I set another)?
If this user must have read/write access to the database tables I am unable to add that user using phpMyAdmin as I am restricted to only 2 users on our server, and they are both in use already.

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks
kimp

Re: database error on install

Unread post by kimp »

I set up NuBuilder on a Windows box instead of an Linux box where I could have more control over the MySQL database.
It turned out that the database error is caused by the insert into a large 70 MB zzzsys_object table file that holds all of the data going into that table. I had to increase the setting several of the MySQL my.ini parameters to get the data into the table using the MySQL command line.
Try googling MySQL memory allocation to find which ones you might try changing. It is a bit of a black art. See http://mysql.rjweb.org/doc.php/memory for example.

I have yet to try the same process on the Linux box.