Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Blank screen after install

chesterdbf

Blank screen after install

Unread post by chesterdbf »

Hello,

I am trying to get nuBuilder to run on webmatrix. The install seems to go well until the point where I go to index.php.

All I see is a blank page, not the blue buttons that I am supposed to.

I have seen a couple of others with the same problem but can't see how they resolved it. Maybe it's because I am using webmatrix but I have never had a problem with webmatrix before.

Please advise.

Regards

Steve
Schindawg

Re: Blank screen after install

Unread post by Schindawg »

I had the same issue when installing nuBuilder on a shared host (Acenet). The install ran perfectly without error, but upon logging in, just received a blank screen. I tried all the solutions listed in previous posts but none of them worked. I finally submitted a support ticket to my service provider, hoping I'd missed something obvious with my PHP settings in cPanel. They came back with the following message:

"Mod_security was causing the problem. I've whitelisted the rule which was triggering the problem."

This FIXED the issue and I can now log in to nuBuilder successfully. I did not have access to mod_security through cPanel, so it was only my web host that was able to make this change. I would suggest to those that are installing nuBuilder on a shared host and have this problem, to open a support ticket and ask them to whitelist the rule in mod_security causing the issue.

I hope this helps!! Perhaps someone from nuBuilder can comment?
luishirata1979

Unread post by luishirata1979 »

I had the same problem trying with Xamp, so i change to Wamp and work fine

few months later I discover the definitive solution was change in php.ini
display_errors=Off

Now works in Wamp and Xamp

I hope works for you. :D :D :D
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5