Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Correction for the "Blank Screen After Login".

cwstevens

Correction for the "Blank Screen After Login".

Unread post by cwstevens »

I was also getting the blank page after login problem. I tried every solution I could find in the forums and elsewhere online but nothing worked. What I finally learned was that the default 'sql_mode' that was being set by MySQL was:

Code: Select all

mysql> show variables like 'sql_mode'\G
*************************** 1. row ***************************
Variable_name: sql_mode
        Value: ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql> 
I had to remove the 'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES' from the 'sql_mode'. Removing 'STRICT_TRANS_TABLES' allowed me to finally see the page after login and removing the 'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY' corrected other functionality problems. In 'my.cnf' (or in a new .cnf file) under the [mysqld] context I set:

Code: Select all

sql-mode=NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
Restart MySQL and it should work after that.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Correction for the "Blank Screen After Login".

Unread post by admin »

starran

Unread post by starran »

Sorry could you give a bit more detail on how to achieve this please. Logging in OK but only see a blank page

Sorry again - ignore above, solution was going to WampServer - PHP Settings - and turning off "Display Errors"
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »

starran,

Have you seen these installation instructions?

https://www.nubuilder.net/downloads.php

Steven