Welcome to the nuBuilder forums!

Please register and login to view forums and other content only available to registered users.

Problems Getting Started

jimmurch

Problems Getting Started

Unread post by jimmurch »

I have been attempting to install and use the nuBuilder product but am having trouble getting started. My present problems seem to center around the use of passwords. At this time when I attempt to run 'nuinstall.php' I get the message: 'Globadmin password incorrect'. To clear up any possible results from previous efforts I plan to reinstall the xmapp package and start from scratch. I am familiar with editing the 'config.php' file with a text editor.

I have done my software installation with Xampp 5.6.15 and am running on Windows 10.

Can you tell me, or give me a source, about how to set any passwords, global and related to my database that may be necessary. I plan to create a database named 'nutest' with phpadmin and place one simple table in this database prior to running 'nuinstall.php'. I do have limited experience with phpadmin.

Thank you for any assistance.

Jim
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Re: Problems Getting Started

Unread post by admin »

Jim,

Have you seen these installation instructions?

https://www.nubuilder.net/downloads.php

Steven
jimmurch

Yes, I have reviewed these instructions and attempted to follow several times. I am able to use the "nuinstall.php" script and enter "nu" for the password. However, the "index.php" script gives a message indicating the "username or password is incorrect." I have edited the "config.php" file as follows:

<?php

$nuConfigDBHost = "127.0.0.1";
$nuConfigDBName = "demoproject2";
$nuConfigDBUser = "jimhimself";
$nuConfigDBPassword = "shamu62";
$nuConfigDBGlobeadminPassword = "nu"; //-- globeadmin password
$nuConfigtitle = "My DemoProject2 Site";

?>

When attempting to use "index.php" I have entered "jimhimself" as the user and "shamu62" as the password. Do you have any further suggestions?
jimmurch

Found Problem

Please ignore my messages above. I have found the solution to my problem. I was entering the wrong username when attempting to log in.
admin
Site Admin
nuBuilder Version: 4.5

Unread post by admin »